✏️

Sonic stood under the sunlight, basking in the warm downpour of sun.

He could go anywhere, and it'd be bright and sunny. It was one of those days where he didn't have to do anything at all.

He liked that.

He didn't have to scout around for crime or criminals, fight some robots or even be called to go on missions!

He was ecstatic. Finally, he had some time to himself.

That is, until someone crossed his path.

He was walking back home, beaming. He was planning to have some alone time to himself.

As he stepped on the pavement by the roads, he pondered out to the blue sea.

Where else could I be now, but home?

He grinned, walking along the beige path.

It's been awhile since he walked down the streets like this. Usually he'd be accompanied by Tails for a mission, or Amy for a picnic with Cream.

It was fun, but he liked being alone. It was always quiet and calm, peaceful and it was all his.

He sighed, knowing that he'd never get to experience this again, since starting next month, everything will be hectic again.

He'd have to get back to doing hero stuff, search for exiled mobians that were either commiting arson or begging to be back, and fight.

Everything here had to be solved with violence, especially with the robots and exiled ones. He hated that he had to succumb to this just to keep the village safe.

What was the point of hurting people when they'll come back anyway?

He's tried to talk them out of it, help them, but he just falls into a manipulative trap that he misses while talking, the faint hints of gaslighting and manipulation.

He was just so, so naive.

The trap would be hard to get out of, it'd be suffocating and confusing.

It'd drown him.

He'll survive just barely, coming out of the water gasping for breath and panting for mercy, but to no avail.

There was no one to blame but himself for falling into those traps.

"Agh, stop thinking about that."

Sonic returned with a smile, stepping into a rural area. He shuffled through the vines and trees and oversized leaves, and finally, he saw his home.

Hidden in the deepest depths of nature, embraced by the flora.

The air was fresh. Refreshing and cool.

He saw a few small birds fluttering by and he looked up, his hands shielding him from the blaring sun as he watched the birds fly by freely.

I wish I could fly.

He smiled and approached his home, but as soon as he stepped on a stick that crackled, another mobian came rushing at him through his own home.

"Wh-hey?!" Sonic pushed him off, brushing the sand off himself, "What were you doing in there?!"

"Get. Out."

"Hey, it's my house. It literally has my name on the postbox."

"Yeah, no shit. Ogilive Maurice."

Sonic shoved the other aside, "Get outta here.." he said, irritated.

He walked into his house to see something he didn't think he'd see.

The other's glare was perilous, its aura intoxicating and undoubtedly freaky.

"I told you to get out," Shadow said, his arms folded over his chest.

"Why'd you build this with all of my pillows?"

Shadow huffed, "You know nothing."

"Look, dude. Yes, my place is comfortable, blah-blah-blah, but why here?"

"What."

"Was that not what you meant by coming into my house and doing this?"

"No, it's not even close."

"Oh. So, what? You-"

Shadow pushed Sonic aside, and stood over him, "You don't know what you're talking about," he growled.

Sonic sighed, "I was planning to have some me time today but guess not."

He stood up, watching in silence as Shadow took a blast out. He plopped onto the nest with all of his pillows.

"Lavender. As always," he rolled his eyes.

He was well acquainted with Shadow's scent. He was quite sensitive to smells, and this one.. he didn't know when it started to become less annoying, and eventually, nice and calming.

No matter how hard he tried to hate it, he just couldn't.

He acted like he was clearly annoyed by the smell, but really it was pleasant and quite lovely. A dash of lavender in his house wasn't all that bad.

He wasn't attracted to it in anyway, he didn't think of Shadow like that. He just liked the smell. It was just something innocent he liked. He loved flowers.

He reached out to the remote for the TV, and switched through channels to find what to watch.

He wasn't hooked to particularly anything.

The long anticipated me-time was on its merry way, and while waiting, Sonic curled up in the nest, his body leaning on a conveniently placed pillow.

Everything you could see when he was curled up and asleep was just blue prickly spikes poking out of azure fur.

He slipped into rest easily.

---

He'd wonder and wander in his slumber, muttering things, shifting around occasionally.

He shuffled around before sitting up, rubbing his eyes slowly.

"Hm..?"

He didn't know how long it slept, but it seemed like it was sunset.

He ran out of the house, eager to see the sunset through green.

He saw the orange and yellow and red spilling through the gaps from tree leaves and vines.

Rushing out to the beach close to his home, he sat by the sea, watching the hue of warm colours colouring the sea.

A moment of calm silence.

He watched as the warm colours faded into cool. He watched as the orange clouds complemented the blue sky faraway, and the red, orange and yellow shifted to a hue of purple, blue and deep pink.

Sonic smiled.

He knew that at this time of the day, no one would bother him. Not even himself.

Today was a short day. A quick passing one.