care (☁)

Shadow sat in the study, working on his paperwork relentlessly. He was basically operating on a dozen coffee beans and nothing else.

He went upstairs to the study at 9am, saying that he'd be done by 10am.

It is now 2pm. He hasn't taken a break, drank water or anything. He was just focusing on his work without even putting his pen down, his eyes scanning each and every word quickly.

Heck, he hasn't even had fucking lunch! What was he up to up there?

He brought his work back home to complete - mostly paperwork, which was a hassle to carry up the stairs, since it was prone to dropping and flying all over the place -and it wasn't just a little, it was stacks. Many stacks, in fact.

Sonic didn't like the sound of him working for an hour straight. Neither did Silver.

Sonic had the TV on, but Silver knew that he wasn't watching the show. He was staring at it, sure, but at this point he was just looking at the TV, not concentrating on the show or even listening to just a little bit of the content. Spacing out. Again.

He could tell that the blue one was worried. He himself was too, but both of them knew it was normal for Shadow to do this.

But it's been going on for weeks, and weeks, and it hasn't stopped since. They has their suspicions high that Shadow was drowning himself in work to forget about his stress. Which was obviously bad, for both mental and physical health.

"Hey, I'll go check on him, if you'd like that?" Silver placed a hand on Sonic's shoulder, an energetic smile sent to Sonic.

Sonic sighed and looked to Silver, "I'm sure he's okay. I mean, we've been together for long, and this is normal for him," He choked on his words slightly, his voice cracking while he tried to hold back a frustrated yell, hesitant to speak.

"You don't have to tell me, I know what you mean," Silver leaned into Sonic and smiled at him.

A moment of silence went by. It wasn't awkward. It felt companionable, and the atmosphere was much more lit like this, the small sounds of the two breathing - which made them overly conscious of their breathing patterns - and the occasional buzzing from the TV.

Sonic smiled, breaking the silence between the two, "I'm meant to do that."

"Do what?" Silver narrowed one of his eyes with a small smirk.

"Spread positivity," Sonic looked back to the TV and chuckled.

"Doesn't matter," Silver shrugged and looked at Sonic, wrapping his arms around the other's waist, his chin propped up on the other's shoulder.

Sonic scoffed playfully, "You're asking for it," He placed a hand on Silver's arm.

"What am I asking for?" Silver kneeled beside Sonic and pressed gentle kisses onto Sonic's forehead, earning an airy laugh from the other.

"This!" Sonic pinned Silver down on the couch and pressed small kisses around his collarbone, straddling himself on his lap.

Silver laughed, "Aah, noo!" He wrapped his arms around Sonic's neck and squeezed his eyes shut as he giggled, "That tickles!"

He continued doing this for a few minutes, lighthearted giggles and playful squeaks and gasps filled the previously solemn room.

Sonic stopped and took in the cold, dry air into his airway and so did the grey one under him, struggling to hold back his airy laugh as he cackled, the air piercing into his nose rather roughly, coldly impaling his alveoil.

Sonic pulled away with a small smile, "That's a good way to get distracted, huh?" He commented, pressing another kiss on his forehead.

"Yyess, but I'm still worried," Silver's ear drooped down slightly, a sad smile on his face.