christmas eve ☂️

The sun slowly rose over the horizon. A soft blue glow filtered its way through Mobius's dense fog. Its light barely reached into Mobius proper yet it was still visible and there were still people around it. They didn’t seem too bothered by the brightness though.

They continued walking along the sidewalk of the main street of Mobius proper, going from store to shop with small talk exchanged between them. One person had even walked up beside another who was carrying a bunch of colorful boxes in their hands.
It seemed the streets of Mobius were quite popular, considering how well populated it was.

It was quite a peaceful place. Where families settled down and allowed their kids to run out everywhere without any worries, just because there are always police officers on patrol. It was a place where people could stay well deep in nature and still be exposed to slight technology. There were thousands of families who lived and left in this very place. And living here, was lovely.

The sun was usually always out, the winds were calming and usually the heat isn't that bad. You couldn't break a sweat walking in the busy streets and having a try on street food of different culture.

When it was cold, during autumns and winters, people came out less, and cooped up in their homes, enjoying their winter holidays together.

And now, a blizzard was going on, and a particular married couple was in their home, still asleep in bed well over 12 pm.

They were alone, and were a few months into their marriage. They'd spent most their weekends and holidays like this — lazing about their home, watching movies, sleeping. It was quite a nice and peaceful life.

One of them woke up with a start, blinking sleepily and scratching their quills, "Wake up," he said, sleep still straining his voice.

The other pulled the other back down, "Nuh-uh.. M'tired.." the other whined, his voice raspy and deep.

"Mngh, get the fuck up. It's like, 10 am or something," he muttered, but their snuggling into the embrace.

"No fuckin' way we slept in that early," the other complained, "Jus' a few more hours." he mumbled.

The other gave out a low hum in agreement before closing his eyes again, content to watch his partner breathe softly and peacefully.

They stayed like that until the sun peeked over the top of the sky and started streaming through the blinds of their room. It was pretty sunny outside, but icicles formed on their windows, so it was still quite cold.

And they slept for hours.

"Aagh, wake up..!" Finally, the same one woke up first, shaking his partner and rubbing sleep out of his eyes, "I needa have mh'coffee.."

The other bounced up, blinking rapidly, "Goddamn.." he rubbed his eyes and yawned, "You go first. I'll be on my way," he stretched his body.

His legs felt sore and a little stiff, but not enough to make him want to be forever bound to the bed. He would probably get used to it, but he wasn't ready just yet.

He got up, draped his thick cotton coat over himself and tied it up nicely, and grabbed his lover's too. He walked with a lot of weight pushing his body down, and if he wasn't careful, he was sure to fall off the stairs and pass out without getting any injuries.

He made it to the kitchen, sitting down at the kitchen counter, "What'cha makin', pretty boy?"

A chuckle, "The usual. You know what I'm making."

"Like? Blueberry pancakes?"

"Take another guess."

"..Cereal?"