back home ☂️

kinda embarrassing how short this is compared to everything else lol,,,

but I think this is super fluffy
(idk man my take on fluffy is xoxo kisses hugs)

so uhhh eat it up ig? idk how to write fluff ‼️

•••

Sonic sighed, his hands behind  his head as he strolled back home.

After a day full of boring errands and useless tasks and a bank account now with more money, he should be able to go home and rest well. So well. It's what he deserved.

After all the things he had been dealing with lately, getting a good night of slumber sounded like heaven.

However, he didn't really feel like taking any chances. That is why his gaze remained fixed on the road ahead and never strayed downwards.

He finally came to his home.

He gently kicked the wooden gate open and closed it behind him.

As soon as he entered the home, he was met with a phone call.

"Are you home?"

Sonic snickered, "Are you?"

"Yes. I.."

Sonic heard panting.

"Everything okay up there?"

"Just come up. It's not really urgent, but it would be better if you came quick."

Sonic hummed, "I see what's going on," he giggled, "Should I take a shower first?"

"No, no. Just, be quick."

With a soft sigh, Sonic hung up, walking towards the bedroom with a huge grin on his face.

Sonic walked into the bedroom, grinning widely. His heart fluttered at the sight of his boyfriend in bed.

"Hey!" he cooed.

Shadow rolled his eyes, "Be quick."

Sonic could hear Shadow's tail thumping hard against the bed.

"Excited much?"

"I'm not excited. This shit hurts."

"Sorry," Sonic muttered, before pressing a kiss onto Shadow's temple.

Shadow leaned into the kiss, letting out a sweet purr as he nuzzled his head into Sonic's hand.

"Rough day today?"

Shadow nodded, "Not for only one reason, really," he sighed, "I forgot to take the suppressants."

"They just make everything hurt. Especially when estrus is close..."

Sonic snickered, "Really? I thought you'd have it in ya."

Shadow huffed, "I... don't have the time to argue with you. All I know is that this pain sucks. Like shit. If I take the pills, it'll postpone the heat, but... fuck, man, it hurts me even more. Especially—"

"Here?" Sonic smiled, gently pressing a hand onto Shadow's abdomen.

Shadow exhaled, "Yeah, that's good..." he relaxed into Sonic's embrace.

Sonic pressed a kiss onto Shadow's cheek, "Aaanytime. Took a leave tomorrow?"

"I took the whole week. Just in case it doesn't go away as expected. That's happened more than once and I'm not risking it."

Sonic nodded, "Good. If it does end in a few days, I think the rest of your leave should be used for resting. I know this takes a toll on your physical strength or something..."

"Emotionally, I'll be affected too, but it's mainly the physical symptoms for me."

"Good to know. I'll get pain meds tomorrow if you need it?"

"Fuck the pain meds. All I need is your hand," Shadow muttered half-heartedly, cupping Sonic's hand with his own.

"Psh. That's only because I'm not wearing gloves. Also, I need to go for errands, dude."

"Dude?" Shadow muttered, "Don't fucking call me that..." he slurred, rubbing his eyes with the heels of his palms.

Sonic giggled, "Someone's getting sleepy."

"Sorry, it's just... You're so warm. It's.. It's nice."

Sonic smiled, "Need some water? A snack? You seem like you haven't moved a single muscle in hours."

"Yes, that's true, but I'd rather have chapped lips and a dry throat than for you to leave my side."

"Sweet," Sonic blushed, "That's such a good sentence. I told you you should've wrote your own books! Fuck being in the military."

"I suppose you're right, but... What would I write about anyway?"

"Dude. Have you seen your own notes app?"

"What?"

"Jeez, I forgot you're forgetful. You write down so many ideas for books and you brainstorm silly universes with unique and interesting characters. You should try writing. I think it'd work out. Or you could be a creative writing teacher! Your soft spot for kids'll surely help ya out."

Shadow hummed, "Tell me tomorrow. I want to sleep."

"I need to shower."

Shadow whined, pulling Sonic in without a word.

"Jeez, if you wanted me close just say so..."

Shadow whined again.

Sonic giggled, "Okay, okay!" he pressed a kiss onto Shadow's temple, "I'll be here."

"Don't crawl out of bed before I do..."

"Only if you do so too."

"Yeah..?"

Sonic held in his laughter. Shadow's voice was filled with confused slumber, and it seemed silly and quite comedic.

He giggled. "Just sleep!"

"No need to shout..??"