passionate <33 (☂️)

A bright sunny Saturday morning, small remains of water puddles from the heavy rain yesterday. The streets buzzing with chatter and the pavement clicking with steps.

Shadow had gotten a day off from his job. He was now walking along the loud crowd to wherever it went. He had no particular destination, just taking an emotionless scroll, appreciating the crowd a little.

He settled on a bench next to a ice cream stand.

"Morning to ya, sir!" The seller smiled and greeted.

Shadow nodded slowly, and earned a grin from the other, "I would like one of that, please?" He pointed to the blueberry flavor on the stand.

"Ah, sure!"

A few moments later, the cone was sent to him and he took it with both hands after thanking and paying. He crossed his legs at his ankles, bringing the ice cream up to his lips and kitten licked it.

He was watching the crowd move along - two girls hanging out together and having matching outfits; a bulky man walking around with his presumably five year old daughter up on his shoulders, her with a energetic laugh, and the man a small mature smile on his face.

He sighed and couldn't help but smile too, watching as the ice cream stand roll away with the man walking away with his daughter that pointed to a redheaded woman with a smile and a happy cheer of "Sister!!", while waving to her. The little girl was ginger, her father with ginger hair too.

Shadow wondered what their mother looked like. He blinked at his ice cream as he bit off a small part of the ice cream. He laced his hand across the small gaps of the bench, smiling softly as he remembered how nice it was to have a sister.

He shook his head, and going back to eat his blueberry and minty ice cream.

Out of nowhere, he heard loud clicks from the pavement opposite of the place he was sitting at.

A figure with a special shade of royal blue waved at him, a wide grin on his muzzle. A light beige tote bag with "SACRILEGIOUS" imprinted on it, written on the staves of a bar on the tote bag.

Shadow blinked, he huffed, rolling his eyes as he stood up. As he took a step to the front, the blue figure disappeared into a striking blue trail, and appeared next to him in the next second.

"Hey, Shaaads," Sonic intertwined his fingers together as he tilted to the side with one leg, his head touching Shadow's, "Wanna do something together?"

Shadow blinked, shuffling away slightly. Sonic balanced himself on both legs and parted his hands, "You're no fun."

Shadow licked his ice cream, "Why are you here, then?"

Sonic cleared his throat as he picked up Shadow's left hand, a smug look on his face. Shadow winced and pulled his hand away as he pushed Sonic's face away.

Sonic pulled back, an irritated look present on his face. Shadow walked off with his head tipped up, looking like he didn't care.

But he did care, he just didn't start blushing when Sonic picked up his hand and pulled it to close to his muzzle. He looked up, to the sky, unable to stop the heat from travelling through his whole body.

Sonic rushed out beside Shadow, "Hey!! I just wanted to hang out," He whined, walking beside him.

Shadow turned his head away and sighed, flushing slightly as he heard Sonic's whine continuously. He knew that if he didn't agree to hang out, Sonic would never leave him alone. As much as he wanted to smack the wind out of Sonic for flustering him, he couldn't, since he was on leave, then if he got into a fight his work wouldn't take responsibility for any of his injuries.