sick (☂️)

CITIZENS AU.

---

The room was cold and chilly, sunlight spilling onto a small part of the floorboards, and it didn't light up the room much.

Sonic sat up, rubbing his eyes. He looked to his side to see Shadow, curled up. There wasn't any signs of sleep. He had his eyes opened just slightly.

"Morning," Sonic whispered softly.

Shadow groaned, his ears twitching. Sonic saw that Shadow was rather flushed and ran his hand through Shadow's quills. His hand slipped up Shadow's forehead, feeling it.

Sonic stared in pity, "You're burning up.. Are you okay?" he whispered, his hand caressing Shadow's quills.

Shadow groaned, "I don't feel like going to work today..." he rasped, "Can you get Rouge to take a leave for me..?"

Sonic smiled, "Of course," he replied, picking his phone up from the bedside table.

He texted Rouge quickly and got a reply instantly, "You can rest now," Sonic whispered, caressing his ears slowly.

Shadow turned over, "No.. Don't leave," he pleaded softly.

"I'll go make some breakfast for you, okay? I'll be here in no time," Sonic reassured.

Shadow nodded, "Be quick," he frowned.

Sonic took in Shadow's tired look. His eyes were barely open, his face flushed and very red. He was running out of breath and his voice was ridden with a stuffed nose, sounding so sick.

"You poor thing," Sonic grinned.

Shadow groaned, "I want something hot.."

"I know. Is soup okay?"

"Sure.." Shadow whispered, his voice hoarse and dry.

"I'll get you some water too, okay?"

Shadow groaned disapprovingly and scowled. Sonic frowned, "You need to stay hydrated." He whispered, "Coffee beans are not good for you."

Shadow groaned, "Fine," he whined, "Can you put some flavor in it or something?"

"You're such a child," Sonic knocked Shadow's head lightheartedly, "Stop talking."

"Boooring," Shadow whined, upset.

Sonic then stood up from the bed, rushing to the kitchen.

He was nervous, he's never seen Shadow sick before, and he wasn't sure how to take care of Shadow when he was sick.

He heated up some filtered water, boiling them. He shouted, "What soup do you want? Text me the answer if you can't talk," he added and picked up his phone.

"Mushroom soup or something..!" Shadow yelled, his voice hoarse and dry.

Sonic texted Shadow :
'i told u to text if u couldn't talk!! >:('

Shadow replied :
'i can takl thouhg im lazy ti tetx'

'so many typos lmfao'

'my hands sjaky af sorrry'

Sonic chuckled and smiled. He poured the mushroom soup seasoning into a small bowl and some of the boiled water into it too, and stirred it for a couple of minutes before adding some vegetables.

He put the bowl on a tray, and got a poured a glass of water for Shadow, then put it on the table too. He carried the tray over to the room carefully, and placing it on the glass table in the room.

Sonic shook Shadow slowly, "Wakey wakey."

Shadow flinched and blinked, "I was never asleep from the start," He muttered.