finally, you.

Sonic sighed in relief as he stepped into his and his husband's shared home.

His shoulders sagged and his head tilted back, as if taking a deep breath would help relieve all the tension that accumulated while he was gone on this mission.

The living room was brightly lit, but there was no one to be seen.

"I wonder who kept nagging me to not waste electricity.." he muttered.

He walked into the kitchen, hoping to see a figure standing by the kitchen counter, waiting for him, but alas, empty.

He looked into the washroom near the kitchen, still no one.

The storeroom? Nope.

Even so, he could see that it was full again. Someone bought back rolls of toilet paper and wet tissues, some weird free gifts were stuffed in there, some boxes of unknown items were seen.

He let out a frustrated groan.

Still not switching off the lights, he stepped upstairs, looking into Shadow's work-from-home office.

It was dark, but you could tell he was there just now. Piles of paperwork and notebooks neatly placed on the desk, the computer closed off and a newly bought laptop powered off. The ground, however, was full of paper. White paper, all scrunched up and scribbled on, were thrown on the ground. The trashbin was full. The shelves had thick books displayed, though they were untouched.

He walked into the guest room. The cupboard was open halfway, and there were rolls of clothes on the ground. They were wrinkled and, to Sonic's surprise, looked hurriedly pulled out. Shadow would never do something like that. He would be calm with his own actions and, if he was angry, he would never be so rash, and not pick things up after himself.

Sonic struggled to picture Shadow storming around the house like that.

He frowned. Something must've been wrong today.

He picked up the fallen clothing, sat on the bed and folded them up neatly before finding a pleasant arrangement to stuff them in. He made sure everything was neat and tidy in the cupboard, just in case Shadow wanted to blast a storm in the house.

He gently closed the cupboard door, sighing. He kept his footsteps soft as he approached the master bedroom. He leaned against the door, listening for any signs of sounds. This was the only room that had the door closed.

He couldn't hear anything. He pushed the door open without knocking, and the room was dark. He could barely see anything. The curtains were shut, no light streaming into the room besides the light from outside. He closed the door behind him, and blinked a few times, before adapting to the darkness.

Looking at the bed, he widened his eyes, "Oh!" he perked up.

"Shadow?"

He scanned the room, to see clothes scattered everywhere, blankets kicked off. The closet was wide open.

He looked back to the bed.

Not knowing what else to do, Sonic decided to walk to the side of the bed.

He patted the blanket, "Good morning?"

The figure moved and twitched.

"What the fuck?!" the blanket pushed aside, he saw his husband, and his flushed look.

"Uh," Sonic scooted back, "You need.. some space?"

Shadow glared at him and threw the covers over himself on the bed and covered his face. His breathing was rapid and shaky. Sonic felt his heart sink slightly in guilt. That hadn't been a good idea.