heat 💕💥

abo because i can 👍
enjoy ig!!

---

Shadow had a nice, cold blanket draped over his body. He leaned against the armrest, a numb arm poking through the blanket to click at the remote. He switched channels.

News, gross.
Cooking, not in the mood.
Cartoons, the show I want isn't on.
Documentary, tempting... but no.
Radio, boring.
Variety show, too loud...

He groaned. He clicked into the android TV's YouTube, and just put on a random video, just for some white noise.

He snuggled into the cushioned armrest. Just as he was about to snooze, he heard a little creak. The bright sunlight pierced into the dark room, and what do you know, it blasted right into Shadow's face.

He groaned, curling into the cold blanket. The footsteps were far than familiar.

Sonic clicked the door shut, quietly slipping off his shoes before trotting over to the sofa.

Shadow exhaled as he felt Sonic's weight dip down on the sofa. He looked up.

"All good?"

Shadow nodded, "It's okay."

"Frustrated?" Sonic hummed, "Maybe ... uh, uncomfortable?"

Shadow nodded, "Both, but it's manageable."

Sonic kissed Shadow's cheek, "I'll go make you a snack, okay?"

Shadow rolled his head back as Sonic pulled away.

"Okay," Shadow mumbled. He closed his eyes, feeling a bit less tense now that Sonic wasn't in the living room anymore. His eyelids drooped, until Sonic tapped him again, "Huh?"

Sonic pointed towards the bedroom upstairs.

Shadow shook his head, "I like the sofa," he trailed off.

Sonic walked away in silence. It took all of his willpower to not give into the sweet pheromones. His mate was giving off loud and raging smells and pheromones, and Sonic almost couldn't take it.

He could hear the uuncomfortable squirming and soft whining, but he didn't bother to care, since Shadow was always like this during heat.

Not until he heard a cry, and very tempting whimpers. Sonic swallowed hard, turning off the stove and plating the omelet. He sucked in a breath.

Shit, that made it worse.

He grumbled under his breath, his body growing sweaty to the increasingly louder sounds. The smell was getting way heavier than he liked...

He placed the plate on the coffee table, before kneeling in front of his mate.

He gently lifted the blanket, "Everything alright?"

Shadow nodded, "I-it's just getting harder with you here."

"Sorry, should I leave?"

Shadow shook his head, "It wouldn't change anything."

Sonic pressed a soft kiss onto Shadow's temple, "You sure you don't want me to leave? I'm pretty sure it'll get a little better.."

Shadow whimpered, "N-no. Just stop fucking talking," he turned away, wrapping himself into the fabric.

Sonic patted the figure lightly, before padding to the kitchen again. He let his fist fall onto the counter. As much as he wanted to bang against it, he knew it would cause Shadow distress. He groaned, massaging his temple.

"Control yourself, Sonic. He's not ready."

He muttered, before squatting down, staring at the floor.