gentle (💕💥)

The rain was pouring, small little taps against the windows. It had been raining the whole day, and Silver locked himself in his home just because he hated going out in the rain.

It was now nighttime, and Silver couldn't sleep because of the occasional lightning strikes and the loud rain. The lights were off and it was really dark in Silver's home, but he liked it that way.

So he's sitting at the couch opposite of his television, annoyed at the boring TV shows that showed up. He was clicking away at the TV remote, his sour expression facing the MC of the game show that had a wide grin on their face that caused Silver to feel uncomfortable and irritated, because he wasn't really feeling like putting on a wide smile to his audience today. He's in a shit mood.

He was doing that for a few more hours, sometimes stopping at a few channels to see the content, but he moved away eventually because he got bored.

< KNOCK KNOCK >

Silver's ears perked to the sound and he looked to his door. He threw the blankets off himself and walked to the door, "Coming!"

He pulled the door back, and studied the other's figure. Light flashed behind him and it took awhile for him to adjust to the lighting.

He was in a black leather jacket and long skirt-trousers. His quills were wet and water was dripping off.

"Shadow?" Silver squinted really hard to be able to tell who this person was, "What are you doing here..?"

Shadow blinked and rubbed his quills awkwardly, "I went for a walk when it started raining, I thought I'd stop by here for shelter for the time being," He looked over Silver's shoulder and at the house.

Silver stepped aside, "C-come in!" He said and stared at his couch, "Sorry, it's a little messy," He added when Shadow walked in and faced the couch.

Shadow looked to Silver, "It's not that messy," He stood somewhere beside the couch, "Besides, we all have days like these."

Silver smiled and shut the door and locked it as he walked over to the couch, "Do you want to dry off? You can use the bathroom," He blushed slightly and pointed to he bathroom upstairs.

Shadow nodded, "..Thanks," And he walked up the stairs towards the bathroom, "Sorry for the inconvenience."

"Um, no problem!" Silver replied instantly, and watched as Shadow disappeared into the bathroom.

He sat back on his couch and snuggled into the sheets again. He didn't know why he was feeling kind of shy right now, and sort of hot. It didn't matter. He was going to throw a tantrum over the boring TV shows, end of discussion.

He turned off the TV and stood up, and walked to the kitchen.

"Maybe a midnight snack might help me sleep."

He rummaged through the fridge, and picked out a can of coke, and stood up as he closed the fridge.

"What are you doing?" Came a voice from behind.

Silver turned over, "Oh, I'm juust.." He flushed at the one behind him, "P-picking out some snacks to help me sleep."

Shadow raised an eye ridge, "What are you going to make next?"

Silver shrugged, "Um, I'm not going to make anything ...? Snacks."

Shadow blinked and tugged at the sweater he was wearing, "That's not a healthy midnight snack."

"It's fine."

Shadow opened the fridge again and took out some eggs, "It's not. I'm gonna make some."

"Oh, uh! You don't have to do that!"