my diamonds live with you (☁ , short)

Sonic's breath caught in his throat, furrowing his brow as Shadow trails kisses down his throat, Shadow's fingertips leaving streaks of ice cold scars down his back.

He muttered something to Shadow and all he got back was silence, only jewelry clanging together.

Shadow pulled away and walked off, leaving Sonic alone.

Sonic felt everything leave him and he couldn't breathe. He needed Shadow back. He shouldn't have left. He never should've.

He stood in the dark hallway, leaning against the wall in terror. His eyes glittered with tears, his lips trembling and his whole body giving up on him.

His widened eyes, trembling fingers and glistering, beautiful emerald green pupils.

A beautiful, sweet painting hung up on the wall with him and Shadow. Their marriage.

Their marriage that turned out for the worst.

Sonic felt 18 again, crying over an ex that left him because of unknown reasons.

Why did he have to force himself into a relationship like this to feel like a normal person?

He never should've promised Shadow everything. He never should've told Shadow that he'd give him his all and everything.

He should've gave up on being "normal" and been himself. He should've seeked out for advice from others before commiting to a decision like this that he now regrets.

He shouldn't have gotten into a relationship, let alone get married to an absolute stranger.

He never should've done this.