outdoors (💕💥)

Sonic and his few other friends had organized a small camping trip from Mobius to a patch of greenery somewhere around the country side.

Sonic was a huge fan of it, since he loved being surrounded by mother nature; the sweet smells of the rainy day and that annoying yet peaceful sounds of crickets.

Tails just invited the three of them - himself, Sonic and Knuckles.

But Amy tagged along too, even if she wasn't invited, she thought that if Sonic went she obviously had a free ticket to participate as well, which is a mindset Sonic wasn't too supportive of.

The tents were already set properly at the campsite when they were there, so they had less work to do. Tails went to gather firewood in the woods, grabbing every fallen stick he could while Sonic was trailing behind him, being an extra pair of eyes and hands as well as being Tails' little bodyguard. Tails was skipping and hopping happily as he hummed a sea shanty continuously, completely irrelevant to the trip, and that made Sonic a little riled up.

"C'mon, Tails, we're not pirates," Sonic whined as he helped Tails tie up another bunch of firewood, "And why do we need so much firewood," He held up the few tied up bunches of firewood and secured them underneath his arms while his lower arms curled around them.

"We need that much firewood, because the night's gonna be long and cold tonight," Tails replied, still keeping his eyes peeled for any firewood while continuously feeling for his backpack for no particular reason, "It's close to winter."

Sonic blinked, aggravated as he walked behind Tails.

***
Evening was near, and Amy had set up the firewood in the middle of the campsite and had gotten the matches put next to a wooden stool that was one out of a few more other wooden stools surrounding the wood.

The four tents were filled with each of the member's items and belongings. While Sonic did set his stuff in a tent, he didn't want to sleep in it. He figured that it'd be better if he took sometime to chill out in nature and listen to the lively chirping of the night.

All four were sat on the wooden stools surrounding the fire. They had gone all day without eating - other than the youngest member, Tails, as Sonic suggested that Tails needed more nutrition to grow and develop unlike the other three who were already adults.

Amy was the one who cooked best among all four, so she prepared stew with some vegetables, meat and stocks she brought from home. She also picked fresh consumable berries from the wild for everyone.

They all settled down and ate up. It was good and filling, but it wasn't everyone's favourite, but Amy couldn't care less.

After most of them settled into their tents, Sonic said good night to Tails, with a special little kiss on the forehead and left with a friendly grin.

He shut his eyes as he walked out, stretching and sighing. He was bored.

Not tired.

He decided to lay his sleeping bag on the ground that Amy handed him since she didn't want him to sleep on the ground, and left it there. He sat on the wooden stool and took a deep breath as he looked up to the sky, his gaze meeting all the wondrous constellations and twinkling bright stars in the night sky.

He slipped his gloves off his hands and threw them at the sleeping bag as he felt the cold breeze at his fur, wanting his hands to feel that. His feet, though, they're a different story, they get cold way too easily.

Speaking of that - Sonic got cold already. He completely forgot that he gets cold when he's not running.

Maybe it was a good idea to get some clothing, damnit.