💕💥 (short lol)

Shadow always seemed quite closed up. He was silent and most of the time, people never noticed him just because he was so quiet.

It was unnerving to some who noticed him just sitting somewhere and glaring at the wall like it'd done something to him.

But not Silver, he thought it was cool and always loved when Shadow saw him.

Shadow darted his sight over to the grey hedgehog holding a glass of orange juice, and the other's mouthless smile and sparkling eyes almost made Shadow's heart melt.

Silver soon grinned and waved.

Shadow waved back briefly and reluctantly, breaking eye contact.

Silver had noticed that Shadow was always so shy in public. It's not that they've hung out alot — they've been together for a while now — he just sees Shadow going on walks constantly. Shadow was usually never with anyone and when someone saw him, he backed off.

Silver adored that. He didn't know why. He himself was quite the social butterfly unlike his best friend, Blaze, who was quite closed up. She was never shy, though.

Silver approached Shadow and sat down on the small beanbag next to Shadow, "How's your day going?"

Shadow shrunk into himself, "It's okay," He whispered.

Silver smiled, "Good to know!"

Shadow received a hot mug of hot chocolate. Silver showed a small smile, "I noticed you got cold easily and.. It's winter now."

Shadow wrapped both his hands around the mug and exhaled, a small white cloud appearing and disappearing, "Thanks," He muttered.

Silver smiled and continued sipping on his cold beverage. Shadow looked down on the small white marshmallows, blinking intently at them.

For whatever reason, he wanted to impress the other.

"Sorry. I'm not really well dressed today, I didn't expect anyone to notice me," He murmured shyly.

Silver smiled, "It happens, I'm not exactly well dressed either," He gestured to his loose maroon hoodie.

Shadow cracked a small smile. He took a small sip of the hot chocolate, and sighed softly, "Did you make this?"

Silver nodded, "Nobody saw, though. I think they're playing some drinking game in the guest room.."

Shadow snickered, "Aren't you playing?"

Silver shook his head, "I don't drink, you know?"

"Yes, but you should try. It's the best feeling you'll ever get from any beverage," Shadow suggested and smirked.

"Ah. But I hate the taste," Silver said shyly, "But, I'm already 24.."

"Take risks. You won't regret them, I assure you," Shadow said before following his sentence with a quiet sip.

Both stayed silent together. Silver felt that Shadow wanted some silence, he looked like he was lost in deep thought. So Silver stared.

He stared at the other's features. Shadow was wearing a simple black leather jacket and an expensive looking belt. His quills were slightly messy but they were neat enough to look presentable. But Silver wouldn't mind — look at him. He was the messiest hedgehog after Sonic.

Silver leaned back and relaxed until Shadow spoke up, "Where do you live?"

"I didn't move. Blaze lives with me now."

Shadow sighed, "...Can I come over?"

Silver blinked, "Of course!" He grinned.

Shadow smiled and looked at the cheerful other, "Thank you."