did it all for you

Chains rattling, fires burning loud.

He stepped out into the brightness, wincing as the sunlight pierced his eyes.

He stood onto the wooden board, looking at the porcelain tiles below him. He couldn't face the crowd. Not right now, possibly never again.

"On this very day, Sonic the Hedgehog shall be executed, for overthrowing the government and its authorities."

Sonic felt the chains that bounded his hands drop, and crossed his arms.

"You gotta start that useless event all over again, huh? Gonna do it again and collect fake information, earn the trust of civilians by force and horrible evidence," Sonic rolled his eyes, stepping forward, "If my feet weren't bound in chains now, I'd burn off all of your stupid documents after sprinting to your little underground bunker. They never served us right."

The president glanced over to Sonic, "And after this, you shall be forgotten."

"I don't think I'll have a life worth living if even the government hates me," he spat, his tone sarcastic, "I don't give a shit. I did what was right. Don't even get me started on those forged—"

He felt a harsh push on his back, and he zipped his mouth shut.

He straightened his back and watched as the president went on with his speech.

"He has been let off the hook countless of times due to his great contributions. But we cannot deny the fact that he has a history of commited crimes, such as arson, anarchy and leading various riots against the government."

"Well, yeah, because what you all did, was wrong. As hell. Don't even get me started on the wildlife extraction event. Let others of our kind in the wild live free. They don't deserve a life as hectic and polluting as ours," he fought, pulling one feet to the front.

"Hold him back."

"Yeah, hold me back since you're so scared of a random hedgehog that won't even kill you for no damn reason!" Sonic took a step back himself and slapped off the hands of the warden.

"Actions such as these will never be permitted. And yet, we trusted him to change. We had hoped that he would eventually realize the purpose of what we do, and be on our side."

Sonic looked at the crowd, before mouthing, "Fuck the government."

A few small laughs emerged from the ones standing in the front.

"Besides that, we have recieved a message that he is in contact with our GUN soldiers, and they have stated that 'Sonic has their backs'. Our suspicion of the soldiers's rebellion have risen, and we decided to put a stop to it as soon as possible."

"You think I bribed your soldiers?"

"We have suspected so."

"I don't even get paid, dude, I don't even have a job! I do this all for the citizens, because none of you will!"

"It does not matter. You have commited many crimes and felonies in the past. We cannot tolerate it any longer."

"Well, fine," he sighed, "But don't regret it when you need me."

"We have armed soldiers. They are more than enough."

"They can't run fast though, can they?" Sonic smirked and shrugged, "I don't know about you, but I think that without a fast paced hedgehog, you wouldn't be able to keep up with a lot of troubles you dealt in the past. You needed my command for many times back then, so.."

The president ignored the hedgehog.

"This is the last time you will see him. Not that I think any of you would miss him."

The crowd stood in silence, before some kid in the front kneeled down.

"Mikey, what are you doing?!"

Everyone around stared.

One by one, they all saluted, paying their last respects.

Sonic widened his eyes, his ears drooping.

"Wow, guys," he laughed to himself.

Sonic looked at the entire crowd.

People saluted, bowed down, all in silence.

Sonic snatched the president's microphone and spoke, "I'll continue to serve you all, even in the afterlife!" he straightened his back and saluted back.

There were people crying, saying that he shouldn't die, he shouldn't be executed, but all was brushed aside like dust.

Sonic handed the microphone back. He bowed down, and stood straight.

He saluted once again before waving.

He turned away, then waved his arms in the air.

"Remember that I did it all for ya!"

---

hii sorry if this one sucked!! i just needed to get it out of my system bcs of a silly instagram reel :)

also this has been sitting in my wips for so long like i just had to get it posted,,, im not v proud of this but yk