driver princess 💕💥

Sonic blinked lazily as metal clanging stirred him awake. He was sweaty, and he was somehow still in the suit from yesterday.

He groaned, wiping off drool from the side of his face with a wince, then sat up. His suit squeezed around him, the sleeves suffocating his arms. He groaned, pulling open his coat.

"What the fuuuuck," he whined as he tugged at his collar, "Why's it so hot..."
he yawned, rubbing his eyes. He stretched, wincing when he felt the muscles in his back twinge in pain.
He turned around and saw that his phone was ringing.

Sonic blinked sleepily, and squinted his eyes as he picked up his phone.

"Hello?" he licked his chapped lips, "Don't recognise your number..."

"It's me. I was just testing out the new phone you got me."

"Oh!" Sonic sat upright, smiling, "How is it?" he wiggled his legs like a child, "I'll get you another if you need it."

"No, no," Shadow smiled, "No need. This is enough."

"Well, where are ya?"

"Still at the wedding."

"So late?"

"I suppose. But, you got drunk last night, so I..." Shadow coughed, "I had to take you home."

"Didja have fun though?"

"I... suppose."

"What do you mean 'suppose'?"

"… I don't know," Shadow murmured, "Words, they're not my thing..."

Sonic smiled, "Well, I might not wanna run today. Kinda lazy to. Gimme a lift when you're done?"

"Of course," Shadow chuckled, "Gladly."

•••

Sonic perked up at the honk. He looked around, before meeting with Shadow's gaze through a tinted window. Those eyes, they were far from unique.

He waved, as he dashed over the the car. He pulled the door open and shifted into the seat comfortably.

"Hiiii!" he grinned, leaning over to press a kiss onto Shadow's cheek as he swiftly pulled the door shut, "You're all dressed up. Where are we heading?"

"Nowhere. I... Dressed up for you. Am I overdressed?"

"No," Sonic giggled, "But it sure is cute..." he leaned back into his seat.

Shadow's cheeks darkened a little, but he didn't say anything else.

They stayed silent for awhile as Shadow took a right turn into a different street. Sonic watched his surroundings. Everything seemed so beautiful. The trees were bright green with leaves; there were no other cars along the road, making it seem eerily peaceful. The houses looked old and quaint.

It seemed like Shadow had no aim. Maybe he wanted Sonic around. Maybe Shadow had plans, just taking a few turns to collect his thoughts, maybe?

It was long before they got caught in a traffic jam. Sonic could see Shadow's ears pinning back, his quills flaring and tensing out of nowhere.

Shadow almost snarled when he saw another car coming dangerously close to his own. But when he felt something on his thigh ...

"Chill out. If you can," Sonic hummed, "It's just a traffic jam. I can take the wheel if you needa calm down a little."

Shadow softened, "No, I can drive on my own," he muttered, "Stop-... Moving your fingers like that ..." he groaned, almost bumping his head into the horn as he slumped.