Night Two

Recap: I quickly helped him put his shoes on before putting on Tom's jacket and heading back towards the beach.

Bradley and I were now steadily walking down the beach. We had to stop a few times, as Bradley pointed out the planes flying overhead, but other than that I simply carried him on my hip as we walked down the beach.

I hadn't even realized that we returned to the place we were this morning until I heard a voice from behind me, "Well look who it is." I could hear his smirk. Bradley was pointing out a plane again, pushing himself from me wanting to be let down. I sat him down on the sand, he was memorized by the plane flying in above us, I turned toward the voice.

"Hey, Snowman," I smiled as he approached us, with one hand behind his back.

"You know I actually hate the cold," he was still smirking but somehow the smirk grew even wider. Bradley was now standing clinging to my leg, almost hiding behind me as the stranger approached. Well, at least a stranger to him - he must not have taken notice of him prior to this.

"Really?" I was surprised. I looked down towards Bradley, he was definitely hiding from Tom, "Are you, okay buddy?" I asked, resting my hand on his head.

He hid his face even further. Tom bent down so he was at eye level with Bradley, "Hey Bud, my name is Iceman. What's yours?" Tom introduced himself to the boy.

Bradley seemed to come out of his shell a bit as he raised his head to look at Tom, "My name is Bradley... My Uncle Pete is a pilot and my Daddy's his RIO." He held up his toy plane proudly.

Tom smiled at this, "I know, and guess what? I'm a pilot too!"

Bradley then let go of my leg, no shyness present on his face anymore, "REALLY?!"

Tom smiled, "Yeah! Look here goes another plane!" He points to the sky with his other hand. Bradley runs into him, Tom seems to know what he wants and picks up the child with his one arm.

So there was Tom Kazansky holding my nephew on one hip, his other hand still concealing something behind his back, as the two watch another plane pass by overhead. It was a picture-perfect moment.

"Are those for my Auntie?" Bradley asks to lean over Tom's shoulder.

"Why yes they are, do you think she'll like them?" He whispers to the child, although I could still hear them.

Bradley nods, "Those her favorites!" He smiles and giggles.

"Hmmm, I wonder what that could be?" I smirk looking into Tom's green eyes that are still somehow shown in the pale moonlight.

Bradley, since I was standing close enough to the pair now, leaned over and whispered to me, "He got you flowers!"

"Hey," Tom playfully exclaimed, "You weren't supposed to tell her!"