Day Nine

A/N: I don't check to see if I've already used a song. I just put music that kinda goes along with what I'm writing or something to just listen to while you read. 

Thursday July 17th,  1986

Waking up was difficult. I think I drank more than I should have. I woke up thankfully before Nick and Pete left. I went out to the kitchen to grab some orange juice and the two were sitting at the dining table. They also seemed to be nursing some hangovers. 

"Morning Boys" I yawned, pouring myself a glass and sitting with them. 

"Morning Hal," They also yawned in unison. 

"Hey Pete, I uhm, I need to talk to Nick for a second." I spoke at a whisper. Nick tried to protest, but Pete just looked between his best friend and ex. He decided to get up and go out back to finish his own glass of OJ. 

"What do you need?" He spit. 

This wasn't Nick - I think that's why Pete so easily left. He knew something was up too. 

"I want to know what's gotten into you." I stated firmly, "You aren't my brother-in-law right now and I want to know what's up." He huffed at me, the audacity. "You obviously won't tell us, seeing as you haven't said anything yet. What's wrong? Scouts honor this doesn't go beyond us." 

Nick seemed to be back for a split moment, "I - I don't know how to explain it. And we have to go soon. Hale I'm sorry" 

I sighed, "You better explain to me when I get back because Nick - this isn't you and I'm so worried." 

"I - I know. I just - let me think about how I want to explain it to you. Okay?" He mumbled. There was a pause before he spoke again, "So, wait you know what we haven't done in a while? You and me movie night! You get the supplies - and we can talk all the gossip. Just - no Carole. I can't be worrying her. Okay?" 

I jumped out of my seat, completely forgetting about my glaring hangover. "Nick and Hale movie night?! Just us! Yes!" I exclaimed. 

He jumped up, "Shush! Okay, yes our usual movie nights. Now Pete and I have to go. I'll see ya tonight okay?" 

"Wait" I stated, "I won't be back right away. I have to go shopping with Tom" 

Nick looked at me with a crazy eye, "Why are you guys going shopping?" 

I shook my head and tsked at him, "You can find out tonight. Now you and Pete need to get a move on." 

"Agreed!" Pete laughed and began to push his best friend out of the door. 

About an hour after the two left, Bradley and Carole woke up. Carole claimed that they were going to a mom's playdate group in the local park. Soon they were also out the door. 

Once again I had the house to myself, I had decided to take a quick shower and go to the store to get our movie night supplies. 

I had gotten popcorn, multiple different types of candy, and I even rented a movie from Blockbuster. It was something called - The Outsiders. The cover looked interesting. 

When I got home from the store I began searching through the unpacked boxes that had found their way into the spare bedroom upstairs. Nick and I have specific blankets for movie night. I wanted to make sure they were nice and clean. I also wanted to throw them in the dryer to warm them up before movie night. 

Finally, in the last box in the room, I found our blankets. They were those cool blankets where you take two cut the sides into strips and then tie them together. My two blankets were pink and purple. His were blue and green.