Night Eight

I had also fallen asleep with Bradley on the couch, but only for a few hours. At around two pm Bradley woke me up. He was standing up and in the hallway that led to my room. 

"What's up BB?" I asked, getting up and walking toward him. 

"I thew ups, Auntie" He cried reaching his arms up for me to hold him. 

"Oh poor baby" I pouted and picked him up, walking him back to living room and laying him back down. 

" I sorry Auntie" He cried, curling up into a ball. 

"No need to be sorry BB, just wait here" I told him and went to get a wet rag to put on his forehead. Then the phone rang, I was annoyed I just wanted to take care of Bradley. I answered, "Hello Bradshaw residence?" 

"Hey Hale," The voice stated, and I immediately relaxed. 

"Hey Tom," I sighed. 

"Just got out of school, thought I'd call. You okay?" He asked. 

"Yeah, Bradley's just not feeling well. He threw up the poor thing" I stated. 

"Oh poor guy! I'm sorry I can't help. Slider will kill me if I don't go out with him tonight. He'll cry because he's been lonely without me apparently" I could hear Tom roll his eyes as he said this. 

"No worries Tom, besides I also think Slider would cry if you don't spend time with him. He was here first after all." I smiled. I felt Bradley hug my leg - I must have taken too long on the phone. 

"Uncle Ice?" Bradley asked pointing to the phone. I nodded and handed the phone to him. "Hello's Uncles Ice. I'm sick" 

Luckily I was close enough to the phone to hear the entire conversation. "I heard Buddy! I hope you feel better soon!" 

"Me too, Auntie's babysitting tonights and I want to plays" Bradley cried, still obviously very sick. 

"Well, buddy. I know you want to play but you don't want your new friend sick - do you?" Tom reasoned with him.

"I knows - I tried, goodnight Uncle Ice" Bradley still cried. 

"Aw, Goodnight Bradley. It'll be okay, your Auntie will take care of you" Tom responded. Bradley handed the phone back to me. I gave him the rag to put on his forehead and told him to lay down.

"The poor thing is so sick Snowman," I sighed. 

"I heard, poor buddy. Well, I wish you the best of luck. Congrats on your business opening." He smiled once more through the phone. 

"Thank you! Hey before you go -" 

"Yeah?" He responded

"When can I see you this weekend? It's been such a weird day - I can't remember if we already talked about it. I'm sorry - I'm exhausted." I rubbed my hand across my face. 

"You know I can't remember either - Been a day here too let me tell you" He laughed, "Uhm well, I know it's been - geez it's only been a week!" 

"Feels like longer than that!" I exclaimed

"Ugh I know! Anyway, would you like to spend the night on Saturday? at my place?" He asked. 

"Doesn't your family come down on Sundays though?" I asked. 

"Well not until the afternoon but - I, I know it's a lot to ask but I." He began to whisper, "I just don't know if I can handle meeting with them again that's all." 

I instantly was reminded of all the horror I was told last night, "If you want me there with you, I'll be there. Just say the word." 

"Please Hale? Please stay with me." He sounded like he did last night. Like a little lost and confused child.