Night Thirty

After I got off the phone with Gladys - who was very happy to offer. I had told her how beautiful the ring was because I was shown it but I hadn't been asked yet. She was confused but just let it go. She said she would get designing as soon as she set up in the new house. 

I hung up the phone with excitement coursing through my veins. I sighed though, I had spent the entire day inside. I NEEDED to get outside. 

I walked over to Tom's desk and grabbed a book to read. Tom had a lot of classic literature. You could tell that The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain was his favorite. But that didn't mean it was the only thing he read. He also got a lot of expensive copies of these books. I smiled as I found my favorite as well, The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexander Dumas. I went outside to the rocking chair and read the slow-burn revenge novel. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I got lost reading the over-a-thousand-page novel. It was simply an exquisite tale. I only stopped reading when I heard Tom's car pull into the apartment complex. I looked up and smiled, but then. My stomach growled in protest. I had barely eaten today. 

Tom got out of his car with his aviators on, running a hand through his hair, displacing the gel. Holy shit was this man gorgeous. "Hello Hal" He smiled, up at me where I sat on the rocking chair. He disappeared to walk up the steps. He leaned on the railing in front of me, "Seems like you had a day of reading. You chose a good one" He nodded toward the cover of the book in my hand. 

I smiled, "Yes, of course. It's - one of my favorites." I put a bookmark on the page and shut the book. "It's quite a read, but Edmond Dantes is my favorite character of all time!" I smiled. My stomach grumbled very loudly now, "Although maybe I did neglect my other daily priorities, such as eating. 

Tom laughed then, "Well, how about we put The Count of Monte Cristo down for a bit, go get some pizza, and have our first meal in our new home?" He smiled. I stood up and put my arms around his neck smiling. 

"That sounds wonderful. We will have little Bradley tonight too, remember" I kissed him gently. "How was work? I hope the boys didn't give you too much crap after our locker room phone call." I snickered. 

He laughed then, "Oh yes, the guys" He rolled his eyes, "It's alright. I enjoy it." He picked me up and spun me around, "Now come on let's go to our new home!" He smiled. 

"Let me call Carole and tell her where to drop Bradley off okay?" He nodded as I went inside to call my sister.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - -- - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Tom and I got a pizza before we drove to the new house. We sat at a table outside the pizza shop. 

"So have you seen pictures of the house?" I asked excitedly. 

Tom laughed at my expression, "No, but Mike's house is right by it. It's large for just us. But Mike explained the situation was also connected to The Bradshaws, and so it would have to be large enough for two families... anyway. It has a decent kitchen, two bathrooms, two floors, a backyard, a dining room, and four bedrooms." He smiled. "I think you'll love it. And maybe it's not permanent but it's only for now. I plan to have you in the best house money can buy one day" He smiled eating the pizza that sat before us. 

I hummed as I also ate, "I don't need that Tom, but you can do as you please. I won't stop you" I smiled. 

He just smiled and continued describing the house to me. "It's beautiful my love. When you walk in you are immediately in the kitchen. Then there is a door by the fridge. You open it and it's the steps to go upstairs. Darling, it is so quaint. I am sure you'll love it"