Night Six

I had just finished the Tilapia and its sides when Bradley called for me from the other room. I quickly whipped my hands on my apron, "Be right there Bradley." I called back to his response.

To my surprise, he actually joined me in the kitchen, "Fish for dinner?" He asked rubbing his eyes, he was only asleep for about thirty minutes at most - the poor tyke was probably still exhausted.

"Yup," I smiled, beginning to grab a piece of fish for him - cutting it up on a plate.

"Thanks, yous Auntie," He yawned, sitting at his assigned chair where phone books sat.

"You're very welcome BB, I love you." I kissed his forehead as I put some asparagus and rice on his plate.

"I loves yous too Auntie Hale, can I haves waters too?" He asked.

I nodded, "Of course, BB" I filled a small sippy cup with water and sat it in front of him. I made a plate for myself and sat next to him, "You sure you had fun today BB?"

"Uhmmm Hmmmmm," he hummed, "lots of fun Auntie, I like Uncle Ice. He makes yous happy" He continued to eat.

"Yes, he makes me very happy," I smiled.

"But Uncle Mav makes you sad?" He asked.

Oh, yes, I guess Bradley and I hadn't talked about it last night. I wondered how I could get around this without upsetting Bradley.

I sighed, "Yes, BB. But you're too little to worry about it," I told him, hoping he didn't press onward. My hope failed though, Bradley was ever the stubborn child at times.

"I not too little Auntie!" He exclaimed, huffing as he shoved rice into his mouth.

"Maybe you should ask your Uncle Mav about it BB, I - It makes me sad that you ask about it. I don't want you to hate your Uncle Mav, Bradley. He's just silly." I tried to explain.

Bradley's head drooped, "I didn'ts means to make you sads. I sorry Auntie Hale" He sounded as if he was about to cry.

"No, BB, it's okay, don't cry. I'm alright - You make me so happy all the time! Your Uncle Ice might like you more than me!" I exclaimed trying to get off the topic of Pete Mitchell.

"I don't think so Auntie," he sighed, "Uncle Ice lobes you a lot!" He then smiled wide.

"You think so?" I asked, eating my food now, relieved that the topic had been changed.

"I knows so Auntie!" Bradley exclaimed.

"Really and how do you know that?" I teased continuing to eat my dinner.

"His eyes" Bradley simply states as he begins to eat his food.

"What about them?" I raised an eyebrow to question his statement.