Day Thirty-Two

A/N: Hello there Aviators... This will be a shorter, filler chapter. Due to the holidays and the extra imagine I uploaded to the story. So I am sorry to disappoint, however, since this will not be uploaded until after the break... Hopefully, I will be able to publish multiple parts at the same time for you all to read. 

Saturday, August 9th. 1986 - 10 am

That morning Tom and I had slept in. We had only gotten back to the house at around four am. Then after that we had some... adventures that lead us to only be falling asleep around six...

So let's just say... Tom and I love our sweet little Rooster, just maybe not as much this morning. 

Bradley came running through the door, and jumped up onto our bed, "Auntie Hals! Uncle Ices! Time to get ups!" He giggled. 

Tom immediately snatched him up and began to tickle the tyke. Which Bradley laughed more at, and eventually began to beg for freedom of said tickles. 

Once Tom eventually let Bradley go, the little boy ran out of the room. Tom rolled onto his side and laid an arm over my hips, pulling me into him. He laid the most gentle kiss on my lips, "Good morning Rose" He smiled. 

I smiled as well, his smiles were contagious, "Good morning Snowman. I wonder, what's on the agenda for this beautiful Saturday?" 

Tom shrugged, "I'm not quite sure... probably more unpacking. I'd like to thank Metcalf at some point this weekend..." He mumbled. Tom did this often. He would speak, and then go off into his thoughts. It's not... well I guess it is speaking out loud. However, he will begin speaking to me, and then he will drift off into his mind. 

I smiled and waited patiently for his eyes to return to the world. I didn't mind when he ventured off into his own mind like this, however, the worst part was when he assumes I heard everything.  I don't think his brain registers that he was talking to himself. 

"Why don't we finish unpacking today - and invite some of your friends, peers, and such over for a barbecue?" I smiled, wrapping my arms around his neck - despite how trouble some that might be as we currently lay together in bed. 

He smiled and rested his forehead on mine, "You are a brilliant woman, you know that?" He kissed my lips not as gently as before. I could feel the lingering passion from last night.

"I did not" I answered, biting my lower lip as the kiss finished. 

"Well, then, let me remind you everyday" He smirked that wild little smirk of his that has become such a signature of his personality. 

Then there was a harsh knock on the door, "Come on you two lovebirds," Mark's voice could be heard from the other side, "Tom, Mom wants to spend time with Hal." 

Tom scoffed, "What about her sons?" He pretended to be offended. 

This made Mark laugh, "Just get up goofballs." I heard footsteps fading away, and down the steps. 

Tom and I laughed. He then sat up with a sigh as he stretched his arms up into the air, then using them to stretch out his back. "Would you like to shower with me?" He turned to me and winked. 

I blushed as I stood up to stretch, "Would I?" I laughed and nodded. We then went to shower and get ready for the day. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Once dressed Tom and I walked downstairs, getting some food in our stomachs. After eating, Tom and I embraced and shared a kiss. 

He went to help Mark set up his room and his mother to set up here drawing studio for her design company. 

I began to make my many calls of the day...

I pulled up a chair to the little table with the phone and began to go through the phone book. I called Tom's peers and a few of his other friends who lived in town. 

I first called the Metcalf home, "Hello, this is Hal Ryan." I smiled

"Oh, Hal!" Mike Metcalf answered, "To what do I owe this call?" 

"Well, Tom and I - including everyone else - we've settled into the house. I'm trying to throw a backyard barbecue tonight, would your family like to come?" I smiled

Mike chuckled, "Oh course! I'll bring the meats! Don't worry - I can use it as compensation from work. The wife, girls, and I will be there." then he hung up. 

That was simply the first phone call that I had made for the day... I continued calling the names on my list. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I yawned as I hung up the phone, finishing my last call of the day. 

I slouched back in my chair and looked up at the clock. It was just after twelve now. I looked to Carole who was cooking something behind me. "Carole, We gotta get ready for a get together tonight." I smiled at her as I rocked the chair onto its back legs. 

"How many?" She smiled at me, "I feel like me need the people around." 

I chuckled, "the entire squadron plus some." 

She smiled wickedly then, grabbed her car keys and headed to the store - I presume.

Then Tom came downstairs.

"Well, if last night was SO perfect how come you didn't propose then?! You're running out of time" Gladys lectured. 

I giggled standing up from the chair, "It's alright, I'd like to be surprised" I moved to Tom and gave him a reassuring kiss on the lips. "We're having a get together tonight. Metcalf is coming over soon to begin to barbecue the meat - said he'd need your help, but he can do most of the work so you all can relax." 

He held me close to him, by holding him around the waist, "You are simply wonderful my love." 

I laid my head on his shoulder, putting my face into the crook of his neck. He held me close and began to sway. 

I heard little giggles and small patter of tiptoes. 

"Seems they have given us our privacy" Tom chuckled. 

I sighed, "Well, let's make the most of it" I leaned into him more, this planning has gotten me exhausted. 

He held me close and we continued to sway back and forth. 

Until Carole came back into the house and began to unload the groceries onto the island. 

Tom and I smiled and spilled apart. We still held hands. Tom squeezed my hand, "Let's go set up the rest of the backyard. We have a barbecue set up, and a back patio. Let's make sure it's all good" 

I nodded and followed him.