Night Twenty-Four

A/N: Similar Trigger Warnings as before. Not as intense though - it should calm down here for a few parts. Don't worry - I promise I'm not COMPLETELY heartless.

When we arrived at the house - it was much easier to enter than expected. It helped though that Tom never let go of my hand. Bradley was sitting on the couch, eating GoldFish®. Carole usually never let him eat in the living room, but who could blame her? Carole herself sat watching the TV on Nick's recliner, cuddling a blanket.

"Hey Sissy, you okay?" We walked over to her and I grabbed her hand.

She sighed and shook her head, "I - I will be. But I've decided to sell the house... I can't live here any longer."

I nodded, understanding, "Where will you go?"

She shrugged, "No clue, just wanted to let you know. We'll stay for about a week, until next Wednesday. Then we have to be out."

I sighed, "Well, I'll go start packing." I knew my sister wanted to be alone with her and Bradley. She needed that. I pulled Tom back into the hallway and into my room. Thankfully Carole had saved all of our boxes in the garage. She even had the courtesy to move them all to my room, so I could begin packing my things back up.

"What are we going to do Tom?" I sighed, building the cardboard back up so I could start packing my clothes from the drawers and the closet.

"We will work this out. I'll see if the Navy can do anything. For now, we can pack up your stuff into a storage unit and you can stay with me. If worse comes to worse, we can move up to San Fernando with my family." He started throwing out solutions. That's the nice thing about Tom. He knew when you just needed to talk it out to him, and when you needed solutions. He was as perfect as any man could be.

"Let's see what the Navy says on Monday then... Now, let's get to packing. We will need to pack the daycare as well... Ugh. So much to do... Are your parents still coming down on Sunday?" I asked, refolding clothes alongside Tom and placing them into separate boxes. Some I kept out in my suitcase to take over to Tom's place.

"Yes, actually since I don't go back until Monday - They said they'll get a hotel room and stay down for a few days. They should get here tomorrow - Friday - and be leaving on Sunday" Tom replied.

"Oh - okay. I assume I'm allowed to hang out with the family?" I asked slightly unsure.

He nodded and smiled, "My mother completely loves you. You're growing on Dad - he's a tough one. He's an asshole even, but he's my Dad. Mark, thinks you're the best. I think it would be a sin if you didn't tag along."

I smiled, "I can finish up the clothes - if you can pack up the things in my vanity and nightstands? One small box should do."

He nodded. Carole knocked on the door frame. The door was open. There were keys dangling from her pointer finger.

"This was left to you Hal, with a specific note that says Bradley gets it when he turns sixteen" She handed me the keys on the ring. It was the keys to Nick's Bronco.

Tears slipped out of my eyes - This truck meant a lot to him. Sure it would be Bradley's in twelve years - but still, it was left to me. That meant a lot to me. I nodded to Carole - I knew by the look on her face, that she didn't want to get all sappy at the moment.

"Want me to pack up your bedsheets too Rose?" Tom's arms wrapped around my waist, bringing me back to the moment. I paused, staring at the keys in my hand.

"Please" I mumbled as his lips landed on my neck, kissing me there.

"Okay - take your time sweetheart" He mumbled and left me alone to stand in the middle of the room again. I shook my head, getting myself out of the trance.