Night thirty-four

A/N: Hello everyone. I meant for this part to be released sooner... I am having a lot of medical troubles with my ears... But I promise I am trying and I am not abandoning this story. I hope you enjoy this little snippet. 

Hal's POV - 

The guys all stumbled out of the house after they all individually washed their plates and glasses. Yes, I loved them all dearly, but I'm not cleaning up their mess. 

After they all left, Bradley and Jake went out back to play in the yard. Carole had just come down with Audrey. And they grabbed some food and sat down at the counter to eat. 

I am glad Audrey and Carole could figure out the situation with the boys last night. Tom and I were busy celebrating - and the others were too drunk to care for the children. So I was glad Carole and Audrey were there to take care of the boys. 

As the house fell silent for the first time in the past twenty-four hours... Tom and I fell onto the couch in each other's arms. 

"That was fun but dreadfully exhausting..." Tom sighed as he relaxed on the couch, leaning his head on the back to rest his neck. 

"I agree, I agree, I agree!" I exclaimed and cuddled into his side with a yawn. 

He wrapped his arms around me and held me as close to him as he could. 

"I love you Snowman" I smiled and rested my head between his shoulder and jaw. 

One of his hands ran smoothly up my back and then into my hair, "I love you too, so much. More than you can know" He mumbles, he was tired. 

I sat up a bit to reach my neck up to kiss him on the cheek, "You're tired honey. You need to rest." I mumble into his ear and move to lie down on the couch. "Come here" I whispered. 

He crawled over to me and rested his head on my chest, "I am... so tired." 

I ran my fingers along his spine, as well as messaging his scalp. He relaxed into me, he was a bit heavy as he laid down on me. 

"Thank you," he sighed, "You're so sweet to me. More than I deserve" 

I shook my head and took only a large breath, "You deserve the entire world Mr. Kazansky. More than you k-" 

"No I don't" He gasped, it was almost as if he was crying. 

"Thomas Edward Kazansky, yes you do. And I am correct on that. You have to trust me. You trust me right?" I asked concerned for his well-being. He is always beating himself down - and that was one thing I did hate about him. He is such a wonderful and talented man. He deserves more than this horrid world can give him. I held him close to me, and as I felt on my shirt he was crying. 

"I trust you more than I've ever trusted anyone. It scares me" He held onto me and sobbed, "I don't want to mess this up." 

I held him and tried to hush his sobs as much as I could, "Mess this up? Snowman, you just proposed to me and I said yes... How is that messing anything up? I think it shows that you're doing a pretty banger of a job" I kissed his forehead as well as I could.

"You think so? What about it ten, twenty years?" He began to calm but I could still feel the anxiety in his voice. He hid it well around the guys at work, but he is such an anxious man. It's... I'm just glad he trusts me enough to be this real in front of me. 

"Thomas..." I held him close, "I'm in this for the long haul, and... I'm never leaving, you are my home." 

He squeezed me tight, "I love you". Inhaling my scent deeply, before relaxing his shoulders a bit more.