Night Seven

A/N: Mature topics and domestic abuse are mentioned in this part. Also, this is a bit short, but it was way too long before I cut it down! Enjoy! 

I walked knowingly into the house - grinning while I went to change into some jeans in the bathroom. I kept my shirt on from earlier. Then I walked to the kitchen to help Carole set up for dinner. I tied on an apron and began to plate up dinner. It was simple - but it was Nick's favorite. Simply grilled chicken bites with mashed potatoes and asparagus.

"So - what's the special occasion?" I asked her, plating the asparagus.

"I - what do you mean?" She nervously chuckled.

"This is Nick's favorite dinner," I stated simply.

"Can a wife not make her husband his favorite dinner without question?" She laughed.

"No - she cannot," I cringed in pain, "Ugh I hate being a woman sometimes. Funny we're still in sync from when we were younger... Even after Bradley we were in sync still. Although, unless you have a reason not to be." I looked at her knowingly.

"I - I'm not, How did you know?" She is shocked.

"So you are?! How long?!" I squealed minding how loud my voice was so as to not alert Nick in the backyard.

"Just over three months - I didn't even notice, I have no clue how!" She gasped.

I tightly hugged my sister, "Ah, do the doctors have any guesses as to what gender the baby is?" Oh, I am so excited! No wonder Carole was making Nick's favorite dinner. Last time wasn't a very planned surprise. Carole of course wanted this time to be different, filled with joy and excitement rather than fear and worry (although still joyful!)

Carole's smile widened even more, "they're thinking it's a little girl! Isn't that so exciting!"

I squealed as I helped Carole sit the plates on the table, "Well I'll gladly watch Bradley more if you need rest anytime, just let me know! Ah, a little niece! So exciting!"

Carole smiled as she poured lemonade into everyone's cups, "I know right? I'm nervous to tell Nick though, I want everything to be perfect this time around. Although I wouldn't trade my little boy for the world..." She sighed.

"I understand Carole," I smiled at her and patted her shoulder.

"Oh, is Tom coming over for dinner?" Carole asked, looking at the one empty chair around the table, "I know Pete's not"

"Uhm, Yes, I believe so. Is that okay with you?" I started unsure.

"Oh course, only a week and you've already got the man tied around your little finger. You'll have his last name by the end of the year at the latest." She laughed setting another plate with chicken and potatoes while I put asparagus and pour the lemonade.

"If you say so Carole, I'll take your word for it!" I laughed and the doorbell rang, "Speak of the devil!" We both laughed as I took off my apron and hung it on the hook.