Day Fourteen

Tuesday, July 22nd, 1986 - Seven Days...

That morning was as usual. I was excited for Jack to show up today! He was such a fun little kid to be around. His kindness was contagious. Bradley also adored his company. Sadly, there would be no sleepover tonight. His parents were dropping him off early - his grandparents would be in town so they would be watching him most of this week. However, Jack really wanted to see Bradley. 

I had gotten a few more phone calls about watching a few more little tykes - just for the day. So this morning I woke up around six-thirty. Just in time to wave goodbye to Pete and Nick as they walked out the door. 

All the children would arrive around eight o'clock and be picked up around four in the afternoon. So I ensured that the daycare was all cleared up and that the side yard was cleaned up and ready for playtime! 

I decided to wear pink jeans with some beige flats. I paired it with a white blouse and a denim jacket. I simply pulled my hair back into a high ponytail and did some light natural makeup. 

At seven-thirty, I had decided to make some breakfast for all the kiddos that would be arriving in only thirty minutes

At seven-thirty, I had decided to make some breakfast for all the kiddos that would be arriving in only thirty minutes. I had a few options already, cereal, muffins, and such. However, the first visit called for something special as an extra. I decided to make mini waffles and set them all on separate plates for each one. 

At exactly eight Jack arrived with his mother. He immediately asked, "Wheres Bradley?" 

I smiled, "He's still asleep, but there is a bunch of food on the table for your breakfast!" He was quick to hurry into the living room. 

Then the twins arrived, Alice and Lillian. They were six years old. Lilian was the typical girly girl who wore all pink and played with dolls. However, Alice mainly wore overalls and constantly had her face and hands covered with dirt. Alice also loved toy matchbox cars - her favorite being some type of Mercedes. I'm sure Tom could tell me exactly what model it was. I wasn't as familiar with them. 

Finally, there was a young boy from Texas who had just moved here. His name was Jake. Apparently, he was staying with some family over the summer before moving back. He was a little timid and shy - but sometimes he got this little cocky attitude his aunt warned. 

That meant everyone was here, there was only one seat at the table left. However, little footsteps sounded from the steps. Bradley would soon be eating as well. He came into the kitchen and sat between Jack and Jake. 

While the kids finished up their breakfasts, I set up some activities in the daycare. I was about to head out to lead them back to the daycare, but I already heard little Bradley's voice taking charge over the others. Soon they were all standing in the center of the room. 

I clapped my hands together, "Alright, Lillian - Dollhouse is all set up other there," I pointed and she ran towards it, "Alice, I set out some blocks on the carpet that you can use to make a race track for your car, I also have a few other cars there you can play with" Alice ran to make a track for the car.