Night Twelve*

Warning: It gets a little spicy. "Add a little bit of *spice*" Not full on though - not yet, Poor Hal is traumatized - remember. Also I do not own, nor did I write the F-14 NATOPS. 

After dinner Tom and I headed back to his place. 

"So any plans for tonight?" I asked still full of energy - or so I had thought before I yawned. 

He laughed, "I don't know one of us seems pretty tired." 

"I'm not tired!" I argued, putting my hands on my hips. 

"I didn't say it was you" He smirked. Well he was right there. 

"well, I was just saying so that means you must be tired" I huffed before trying to cover up another yawn. 

"You're acting like a toddler" Tom laughed as we walked into the door of his apartment. 

"I know!" I exclaimed and stomped my foot. 

He just stood there laughing as he put my bag on his desk chair. 

"What?" I laughed too. 

"Just - get ready for bed you silly Goose" Tom chuckled lightly. 

I playfully scowled -like a toddler - before grabbing my pjs and going into the bathroom to change. From inside I said, "Also I'm not the Goose, Nick is!" 

Once I was changed, I brushed my hair, and my teeth before joining Tom who was already laying in bed - reading. 

"Oh my!" He laughed and shook his head upon noticing me, "Now you not only act like a toddler, but you look like one too" 

WHAT! I LIKE MY DINO PJS DAMNIT! 

I CAN'T HELP THAT I'M IN MY DINO PHASE! 

I huffed and rolled my eyes, deciding to ignore him. At least I knew how to properly dress myself! *cough* his beach attire *cough* 

I simply climbed up next to him on the bed, "what'cha reading Snowman?" 

"NATOPS for the F-14...It's so boring - but I need more books. Mom's bringing me some tomorrow" He smiled. 

"Well, I'm glad she is resupplying you with reading material! What time are they arriving tomorrow?" I asked, the nerves from earlier setting in once again. 

He held my hand tightly in his as he sat the NATOPS down, "No need to fret Darling Rose, we'll have the entire day together tomorrow before they arrive at five." 

"Oh - okay" I mumbled, nerves hitting me very very fast. 

"Hey, it'll be alright, okay? I'm right here with you" He then reached over with his free arm to pull me into his side, still holding my left hand in his right - however, puling our hands to rest over his heart as his left arm slid beneath my head. 

"I know - I'm just nervous is all. I don't want to say the wrong thing." I sighed, accepting his comfort for the moment. 

"You won't Hal, they'll love you. I'm sure of it. I don't know who couldn't" He smiled. 

"You're very sweet Snowman" I smiled, "Still, I'm very nervous. And anxious! I have no clue how I'm going to get to sleep tonight!" 

He smiled, "Want me to read the NATOPS to you? It's rather boring, I'm sure you'll be out fast than a light" 

I smiled, "I mean I could think of other ways to destress, but if you want to read the NATOPS so badly - than be my guest." 

"I would like to burn the NATOPS so badly - but, seeing as I have no way of SAFELY providing destress (that is if I am picking up what you are putting down) then NATOPS is the only option" He winked as he clearly understood what I was getting at. "Besides, even if I did have THAT. I wouldn't with you - not yet. Not until you're completely certain, I don't want to turn into Maverick" He looked me dead in the eyes as he said this. 

I hummed, "You couldn't turn into Mav, he has one brain cell - you at least have two" 

He laughed at this, "I have book smarts - not necessarily street smarts." 

I rolled my eyes, "You don't know how to dress for the beach that's for sure. However, even ig you're an idiot - you're my idiot" I leaned up to kiss his cheek, but he turned his head so my kiss landed on his lips. 

"You know" he said as we broke apart, "I never imagined kissing my girlfriend, in my bed, in Dino pajamas." 

I rolled my eyes as I kissed him again, "Shut up and kiss me Kazansky" 

"Yes, ma'am" He laughed as he brought my face closer to his with his hand. 

It didn't take long for the night to become heated. Tom had pulled himself up and I had followed suit. Eventually he found himself leaning on the headboard and I easily leaned forward to stay near him. The kiss had in reality been multiple, but when we came back to reality a few minutes later I had found myself seated on his lap. 

"Like I said," He huffed, "Dino Pajamas" 

I smirked, "Are rather hot are they not?" 

"Can't argue with you there" He laughed as he brought me in for one more peck on the lips, "Now it's getting late Rose, we should probably go to bed." 

"But I'm not tired!" I yawned. 

"Chapter 1: Aircraft and Engine. 1.1 Aircraft. The F-14D aircraft is a supersonic, two-place, twin-engine, swing wing, air-superiority fighter designed and manufactured by Grumman Aerospace Corporation. In addition to its primary fighter role -" He began reciting the NATOPS, so apparently he learned it by heart - great. I rolled my eyes as I swung myself off of it, returning to laying down against his side. He had moved down so I'd be able to lay on his arm once again.

He continued and I last remembered hearing, "7, Aux Open. Used to open canopy manually, which is required when nitrogen bottle pressure drops below 225 psi"   before completely passing out.