Day Thirty-Eight

August 15th, 2024 - 4 days to the Wedding. 

It wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be to wake up this morning. 

I was missing Tom sure... However, the wedding served as a wonderful distraction. I was too busy to think about anything else. 

Gladys was working on my dress alterations. Bradley and Jake were in the backyard. They were practicing their walk down the aisle - as a ring bearer and flower boy. They were so adorable together, best friends. 

Carole and Marie were planning what to do for the wedding cake. Marie wanted to be a baker, before she married and had Jack. 

I was deciding which invitation to send out. Because then I would have to go get them copied and sent out to friends. There is not many others who will be invited, so I'll be able to hand deliver them. 

I was dressed, ready to go to the print shop. All I had to do was pick one and go... 

I bounced my knee. 

I huffed, "I'll just do this one

I huffed, "I'll just do this one." I grabbed the keys to the bronco and backed out of the driveway. 

I stored the invitation in a safe space before I rolled down the windows. I turned the radio up and began to sing out loud. 

When I got to the print shop, I hand over the orginal copy of the invitiation to the man behind the counter. 

"Congradulations," He smiles, "I remember when my wife and I got married. A very joyous day indeed. How many copies do you need?" 

"I'm sure your wedding was so special if you think of it so fondly. Well, I think thirty will do. It's a very small occasion." I informed him. 

"Well, thrity shouldn't take too long. Maybe half-an-hour? I have a few other orders to finish filling. Then I'll start on this right away." He put the invitation down and wrote a note of how many more to make. He then handed me a coupon, "Sorry about the wait. Here's a ten percent discount for the crystal shop down the street. It's a nice little place to hang out. Come back in 25 ish minutes and I will have your order ready." He smiled before taking my order to the printing room. 

I took the coupon and walked down to the crystal store. It sold many gems and even made handmade jewlery from them. It was rather intruging. 

I actually had found a beautiful Zircon braclet. I know zircon is suppssed to be protective, and give wisdom. 

I called over the worker, "Hi, I was wondering if I could get a closer look at this braclet a bit closer?" 

She nodded, "this is a lovely piece, I assure you. Many overlook it, but the properties of Zircon are amazing, and the stone in this piece is simply stunning." She gushed as she reached into the glass case to retrieve the braclet. 

She even let me hold it! Which was nice of her. We made some small talk. It turns out this was her mother's shop. He mother was sick so she drove into town to take care of it for her.