Night Thirty-Three Part Two

A/N: AHHHHHHH Part Two is here... Or is it? Keep reading lol. I won't keep you from it! Enjoy my aviators! It's short, but I wanted to leave you on a cliff hanger before lol. 

Hal's Pov

I turned around and realized I was standing in front of a blushing Tom - who was holding my hands in his. 

"What is this all about?"  I asked with a raised eyebrow. 

He blushed, "You of course" He kissed my forehead, "I love you so much, Hal." 

I smiled, "Well I love you too." I replied but then got confused as he touched my lips. 

"Ssh Hal, I have a few more things to say." He smiled but sighed with a nervous shake to his breath. I was worried. 

"You're my everything," He sighed, "I love you so much. You somehow have managed to capture my heart completely. I remember I was so focused on my work, and my family-less family week. Then Slider came out of nowhere, pulled me to my feet, and dragged me out to dinner. And then I met you - your beautiful eyes and smile pulled me in. And your heart, made me want to stay with you forever. To think merely a few weeks ago I was, depressed. I wanted to live alone forever and be dedicated only to my work. And now, I think of a future I never thought I'd want before... Especially after Wesley died. Nick died too... It's been a tough few weeks, but I've never felt more happy. I have a beautiful newfound family, which includes my little nephew who I adore with all my heart. However, I don't want them to be an honorary family." 

I gasped my eyes beginning to blur everything else around me. I only focused on Tom's face. One hand disappeared from his and clasped over my gaping mouth. Especially as the realization of what was happening came upon me. He then smiled and used his free hand to reach into his pocket. I could see him struggle as his hands shook. He eventually let go of my other hand so he could get the box out of his back pocket. My other hand shook as it joined its pair that covered my shocked face. Once he had the box in his hand, he knelt on our patio. 

I knew it was going to happen soon, we all did. We did have the wedding date planned after all - but I had expected it to happen maybe during graduation or right before he leaves. Tears flowed down my face as I kept myself from shaking. 

"Darling, Hal. I love you so very much" He got all sniffly as he began to cry too, " I never wanted to make anyone Mrs.Kazansy ever in my life until I met you. Then I knew, it was always you"  

I pulled my hands away from my mouth to wave at my eyes to dry my face and force back the tears. I smiled, still shaking from the moment. Smiling so much that my face began to hurt. 

"Hal Ryan, will you marry me?" He asked, smiling as well, as tears flew down his cheeks. 

"Yes, Snowman" I nodded clearing the tears from my eyes. He stood up with a smile and kissed my lips. I felt the cold metal of the ring I had tried on previously a few nights ago, slide onto my left ring finger. The kiss lasted as he wrapped his arms around my waist, and mine went around his neck. This kiss was like none other. Passionate, heart-wrenching, perfect. 

It was then that I was brought back to the scene that laid before me. My sister was clapping and sobbing at the same time. Maverick was doing a high-pitched whistle. Bradley was running circles around the yard - completely ecstatic. Gladys was whipping tears off of her face. Mark was hugging his mother. Mike Metcalf looked at Tom like a proud father. 

I turned my face back toward Tom, "I love you" I mumbled to him. 

He rested his forehead on mine, "I love you too" 

Pete laughed then and shouted, "Let's get this party started!" 

Then Hollywood and Wolfman did a howl. The pilots ambushed Tom with cheers and downed their beers altogether. 

Carole and Audrey hugged me tightly in a group hug. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

After many individuals congratulated us, the party got a second wave. The children went inside along with Carole, to get to bed. It was just Jake, and Bradley.  The pilots were... well I'm not quite sure what they were doing exactly. Let's just call it... The Human Piñata: seeing as someone was hanging upside down from the tree in our yard. 

The Metclafs had gone home soon after the proposal. Mike claimed that he didn't want to be involved in any of the "stupid shit" the pilots came up with next. Audrey had gone home because Carole said she'd watch Jake for the night. Gladys was so excited she claimed she just had to go upstairs to continue sketching more dress designs for the wedding. And Mark... well, he had become an honorary pilot for the night. 

I sat on one of my patio chairs drinking a glass of wine - I had decided to finish off the last box of wine for the evening. Tom emerged from the group of pilots and came to stand beside me. He put his hand on my shoulder's and leaned down to whisper in my ear, "These boys are all about to pass out on our living room floor." I giggled at the thought of this, "Then we can go up to our room, cuddle for a bit?" He almost pouted. It was so adorable because I knew for a fact he would never talk like this in front of the 'guys'. 

I nodded, "Bed and cuddles sound great snowman." I stood up and then called to the pilots (+Mark), "alright boys, time for bed. Blankets and Pillows are in the living room." They all groaned, "Ah, ah, ah. Bed time." I pointed to the back door. 

They all hung their head low and began to walk in the back door, "You'll thank me tomorrow" I called as Pete, the last one in the door, pulled the door shut. 

Instantly Tom's arms were around my waist, "Did you like your official proposal Closer to being Mrs. Kasansky?"  

I nodded as he rested his head on my shoulder, "It was so beautiful, Tom. Thank you" 

He spun me around in his arms so that we were facing each other, "I'm glad you liked it Rose, it came straight from here" He rested one of my hands over his heart. 

I smiled up at him, my tall naval aviator, "I love you Snowman." 

He smiled right back and placed a gentle kiss on my lips, "I love you too, Hal." 

A/N: This will be the last part for a hot minute

A/N: This will be the last part for a hot minute. Finals week is upon me, also known as hell week... Isn't that wonderful? Anyway, after the insane amount of writing I have to do in less than a week, I will be taking a break for a few weeks before publishing any more parts. So you know that I will NOT be abandoning this book - I just really need a break from writing is all. (I had to write a 20 page essay for one class, I have to create my own literary theory - and prove it - for another, and I have to take an actual exam about proofs... So yeah I just need a week maybe two to rest my poor brain. Thanks for understanding!) Have a great winter break for any other college/Uni students who have one. It is a well deserved break for all of you, I am sure.