Day Seven

A/N: Another Short Filler Chapter - but guys, it's BB content! The next chapter will have more detail I promise! Just a bit hard to make everything super long when I'm writing one day at a time in two parts. 

Tuesday July 15th, 1986

9 am, that morning I was awoken later than usual by Bradley. He must have stayed up later with his parents last night.

I stretched and yawned, "Good morning BB"

He smiled as he crawled into my lap and wrapped his arms around my neck, "Morning Auntie Hale! I'm gonna bes a big brothers!"

I smiled, " I know Bradley! How exciting!" I tickled him, and after a few minutes of his giggles I asked, "Where's momma at?"

Bradley smiled, "She went to work! Oh, and Uncle Ice left this for you!" He reached over to my nightstand and handed me an envelope with my name on it.

I carefully opened the envelope and pulled out the letter that was inside...

Hale, I did not want to wake you this morning, you looked so peaceful. I hope you have a wonderful day today. I will miss you very much. I don't know when I'll be out of classes and training today. However, I will manage to at least give you a call tonight. Thank you so much - for all your help. I love you, Your Snowman

I smiled and replaced the envelope on the bedside table, "thank you, Bradley. Now what should we do today?"

Bradley sniffled and I now noticed his snotty nose and flushed checks.

I sighed and placed my hand on his forehead, he was burning up, "You don't feel too well do ya BB?"

He shook his head, "Sick, I love yous, Auntie"

I got out of bed and picked Bradley up into my arms.

I laid Bradley down on the couch, making sure to cover him with blankets and that he had the right amount of pillows. I turned some cartoons on and went to make him some soup. We don't always let him watch Cartoons, but sick days were an exception.

I stirred some chicken noodle soup in the pot. Thankfully we had a can in the pantry. i would have to go shopping later.

As I poured a bowl of soup for Bradley the phone rang. I held the bowl of soup and I picked up the phone, "Hello Bradshaw/Ryan residence?"

"Hello, is this Hale Ryan?" The voice asked.

"Why yes it is! Is this about the babysitting service?"

"Yes! My name is Marie Hemingsworth. I was wondering if you could watch my one son overnight tonight? His father just got back from being out at sea, he's an engineer on a ship."

I smiled, "Of course Ms. Hemingsworth. When will you be dropping the little guy off? Oh and I should warn you my nephew is sick right now, but I will make sure to keep them apart to make sure your son doesn't become ill either." I sat the soup down and grabbed a notepad and pen.

"Oh no worries my little Jack rarely gets sick if ever, a great immune system! Would four o'clock work?"

I smiled and wrote, ' Jack Hemingsworth at 4 pm', "That works perfectly, Marie. I can't wait to meet you guys!"

Marie laughed into the phone, "He's a bit of a handful, Ms.Ryan, How much are you charging again?"

I smiled setting the notepad down and grabbing the phone, "all I ask is a dollar an hour. My old business I charged a bit more - but around here. I really made this business to help people like my brother-in-law and sister. They barely get time together, so it's nice for them to have a night or two or even three to themselves."

Marie smiled so much that it reflected into her tone, "That sounds wonderful Ms. Ryan. We'll see you then!" The woman then hung up and I went to give Bradley his soup.

"Thanks, yous Auntie," he said, but instead of sitting up he rolled over and buried his face into the couch.

I rubbed his back with my hand, "No soup right now?" He shook his head, "Okay, I'll keep it in the pot and warm it up for you later, okay?" He nodded now.

I thought of what I could do for the poor little guy. "Want me to hold you, Bradley? Any medicine?"

He answered with a cry, "both?"

I nodded and went to get him some Tylenol. Once I gave it to him, I picked him up and sat on the couch - laying him in my lap.

"Just sleep BB, you'll feel better soon." I told him, as he was on the verge of falling back asleep. "Okays, Sick, I loves you Auntie" He mumbled.

"Love you, I loves you BB" I whispered as his eyes closed.