Day Forty

Hal's POV - 7 am 

I see Tom tomorrow!

I jumped out of bed and threw open my curtain. 

I see Tom tomorrow! 

I threw on a robe and my slippers, racing down the steps. The house was glowing, natural sunlight shining through the open window, "I see Tom tomorrow" I told the birds outside the window. 

I made some coffee for myself. Now, all I had to do was pick the wedding officiant! Although, I've had many suggestions from Mrs. Metcalf that Mike wanted to officiate it. Which I honestly wasn't shocked by. Mike is a great guy, why would he not have a license to marry people? Makes 100% sense to me. 

I couldn't wait for Tommy to get home. I miss him so much. 

There was pitter-patter as little feet ran down the stairs. Then Bradley attached himself to my leg, "Auntie! Excited I love you! Uncle Ice is coming home tomorrow!" 

I picked him up and rested him on my hip, "I know! Excited, I love you too Bradley!" 

"What are we going to do today?" Bradley asked curious. 

I shrugged, "I'm not sure. Jack's mom said she'd check to see if he's up to have some visitors today. So we could go out for a bit, before heading over to their house. As long as she calls and says we can." Bradley nodded at this idea before wiggling out of my grip to go get dressed. 

"Maybe that is a good idea," I thought out loud before finishing my coffee and heading upstairs to get dressed. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

I did my hair, and some NATURAL makeup to make up for the clown paint my sister had put on me the other day... I threw on a pair of Nick's shades that were in the Bronco and sat outside with Bradley. He insisted that we stay at the house in case Marie called to say we could go over.

 He insisted that we stay at the house in case Marie called to say we could go over

We had gotten a call around noon from Marie. 

"Hey Marie, how are you all doing today?" I smiled with sympathy in my voice as I picked up the phone. 

She sighed, "Well, Jack had a bit of a sick spell last night. He's very vibrant this morning though. I suggested that you and Bradley come over for a bit. He was VERY excited about that idea. Which, is an emotion he rarely feels anymore. Are you two still available to come over?" 

I smiled wide and gave Bradley a thumbs up. He had been waiting at my side for the answer from Marie. He ran upstairs to grab a card he had made for Jack. 

"Bradley has been quite literally waiting for this phone call all morning. Is Jack feeling up to any food?" I asked, walking over to put my sandals on. The cord kept getting in my way, I can't wait until the cords on these phones are gone.