Day Eighteen

Saturday, July 26th, 1986 - Three days...

Unlike yesterday I woke up warm, wrapped in the arms of someone I loved so much it scared me. 

Tom was still asleep, I had fallen asleep on his chest. So I had the perfect view of his face. I leaned up to look at him, he was so angelic. It was crazy. He had this small mole of the hinge of his jaw. It was adorable. Actually upon further investigation - he had moles all down his neck and onto his chest. Many would say they were imperfect, however, I think it made him unique. 

I could have looked at him all day - I mean wow. My one hand propped me up and the other lay on his chest. Simply tracing circles, not trying to wake him up. It was just something I did absent-mindedly. 

"Good morning" Tom squeezed his eyes shut, stretched his entire body out, and yawned. His voice was deep and it was grumbly when he first woke up. 

"Good morning sleepyman" I smirked at a new, cringy nickname. 

He laughed at this, "What the heck is that one?" 

I laughed too, "you were sleepy this morning" 

"well," he put his hands on my hips holding me close, "Don't be mad, but your family exhausts me. My Friday nights used to be so calm - reading a book, studying. Now, they're filled with fun. Not complaining just very different." 

I smiled, "Yeah, me and my family are a handful." I giggled. 

"That you are" He laughed, "But I love you like that." 

I rolled my eyes, "I love you too Tommy." 

He stretched out again, "so what plans do we have for today?" 

I hummed, "I'm not sure. Any ideas?" 

"Notta Clue Sweetheart" He sighed, "No Clue" 

"Well maybe, we can plan to go do something with Slider?" I suggested, "You have kinda been shrugging him off for me lately. Even better maybe you two can just go out?" 

"No, I spend time with him at work all the time. He won't mind if you tag along too." Tom reassured me. 

"Maybe we can all go mini golfing?" I suggested. 

"Or we could actually go golfing," Tom smirked. 

"I don't know how to real golf" I pouted. 

"Well, today you will learn! Let me call up Slider." Tom jumped out of bed and went over to the phone. 

"But Tom, I'm going to make a fool of myself!" I followed him out of bed. 

He pulled me into his side, "I can teach you - it'll be fun. Trust me Slider is horrible. Gave himself a big bruise on the head. Then we can all go to dinner. Then just you and me tonight, maybe some dessert. 

This arrogant pilot winked at me. I laughed, "Call your backseater and tell him we're going golfing Snowman." I rolled my eyes and went over to the fridge to look for some fruit for breakfast. 

I had found Tom's stash of strawberries, I began munching on them as Tom hung up the phone. 

"Who said you could have my strawberries?" He laughed, "Oh and Slider said he'd meet us on the green at eleven. It's nine-thirty now. Should be enough time." 

I nodded, "And are you going to take them from me?" I raised my eyebrows and I motioned to the berries. 

"No, I buy a lot of them anyway." He laughed, picking up a few to put in his mouth. After he chews, "Oh, do you have white to wear on the course?"