Night Thirteen

A/N: This song makes me cry so much! So enjoy! 

Tom's parents arrived around four thirty pm. We had seen them arrive as we sat on the porch. I was quick to move from Tom's lap and head inside while he greeted his parents...

*Tom's POV*

I watched as Hal went inside, and I made my way down the steps to greet my family. 

"Mark" I went to my brother first and gave him the typical 'bro' hug. 

"Hey Tom, how ya been?" He smiled, I saw a new bruise on his shoulder. I flinched. 

"I'm alright, you?" I asked in return 

"Same old, same old" He shrugged. 

"Thomas!" I heard my mother squeal before she threw herself at me. Holding me close, "Oh I've missed you my boy." 

I looked at my father over my mother's shoulder, " Hello father, nice to see you today" 

"Hello Thomas" He nodded. 

"Oh was that her that answered the phone!" My mom squealed as she pulled away from the hug. 

"She has a name mother" I smiled but rolled my eyes. 

"Oh I just have to meet her!" My mother smiled and grabbed my hand, pulling me toward the steps. 

I saw my father scoff from the corner of my eye. However, I decided to ignore him and pay attention to my mother's joy. 

*Hal's POV*

I sat on the edge of Tom's bed, nervously twiddling my thumbs. I really hoped they liked me. I know something stupid to be nervous over. I was though and I couldn't help being like that. 

Soon the door opened and I was quick to stand up and brush myself off. 

Tom was the first to walk in as he held the door open for his family. I held my hands together behind my back with a smile. 

The first to enter the house was his mother, who smiled very wide at me. She looked absolutely beautiful and it was clear to see where Tom got his good genes from. Then his brother walked in - he looked less like their mother so I assumed he looked like their father. This assumption was correct as I saw the sour look on their father's face. Yeah - this was going to be so much fun. 

Tom shut the door, and came over to stand next to me, "Mom, Mark, Father - this is Hal" He threw his arm over my shoulder, "My girlfriend." 

"Hello" I mumbled waving. 

"Aww, a shy thing isn't she" His mom gushed and came over to me, "Oh so wonderful to meet you dear" She then proceeded to throw her arms around me in a hug. Tom just smiled as he moved his own arm out of her way. 

This was - unexpected. I wasn't expecting her to be this, happy? Especially after all she has been through. 

"It's wonderful to meet you too, Mrs.Kazansky" I stated as she pulled away. 

"Oh, no, no -" She waved her hands and smiled, "Just call me Gladys, or Mom - whichever"

I smiled too, "Okay, noted." 

Mark then nodded toward me, "Nice to meet the woman my brother wouldn't quit talking about" He smirked at Tom. 

Tom was blushing, "Oh really? So much for being cold as Ice" I smirked, crossing my arms. 

"Oh,  We're gonna get along" Mark laughed, "Nice to meet ya" 

"Right back at you" I nodded. 

It was quiet for a moment before Tom spoke up, "father?"