Day Twenty-Eight

Tuesday, August 5th, 1986... 

9 am... 

I had woken up late, up I had stayed up late so that was understandable. Tom was long gone by the time I had woken up. 

I had stretched up to release my shoulders from how I slept on them. a pale tan envelope dropped from the sheets onto the floor... 

I smiled as my name was written delicately on the front. 

I could get used to this... He's so sweet, and it pains me that he doesn't see his own worth. 

I opened the letter... He must have gotten up early this morning to write this. It was quite lengthy as well. 

Dear Hal, 

I absolutely loved our talk last night, and you looked so peaceful I dared not to wake you up. I left some cash by the phone, and thought you could take your sister, and Jack's mother out for breakfast today! Maybe you girls just need some time to relax. And yes, you might notice it's quite a bit - but get something nice when you go out too. Take the girls shopping. Don't worry where the money came from - don't you worry that pretty little head of yours. :) Have a wonderful day Rose, and take care of yourself. I love you so much. Oh, and make sure you get something for yourself too. We have a dinner date tonight. Flowers, champagne all of it. Maybe we can have some nice dessert when we get home too ;) Anyway, darling, I have to go. Work calls... I feel better in the air now. I really needed to get up there after everything. I'll be extra cautious for you. Just stay safe for me as well. I love you so much. 

XoXo,

Snowman

Now if that wasn't the absolute cutest shit I've ever read! I got up and went to the phone... Holy shit Batman! Never mind that, let's make a few phone calls...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

After I called Carole and Maria, we decided to meet at this cute little coffee shop for breakfast before going to the mall. Carole informed me that Jack's father was willing to watch both of the boys, so that Jack and Bradley could get some quality time together, before... Well, it's a bit crazy. But somehow in this mess of chaos, I completely forgot just how sick Jack was. Maybe Tom was right, Maria really needed this. I wonder if her husband had reached out to Tom to get her out of the house for a bit. They did know each other. 

I got dressed and did my hair

I got dressed and did my hair. I wondered just how fancy I would need to be. 

I opened the cabinet/mirror, thing in the bathroom to do my makeup... And another note fell out. I rolled my eyes. 

HEY GIRL! I know so many notes, I just thought you would be thinking about what to wear tonight while you got ready to go shopping with the girls! It's a VERY NICE place. Like maybe something... black, cocktail-ish. And don't trash how you look, YOU'RE SEXY! XOXO - Tom