Night Three

A/N: Yes that is our "Tom Kazansky" aka Val Kilmer singing ^^^ In Movie 'Top Secret!' 

Carole immediately began to go through the clothes in my many suitcases and the few I decided to put away in the closet and dresser.

"I- can't I just wear this?" I asked as I made an act of smoothing down my pants.

Carole looked at me and scoffed, "Uhm no, absolutely not you cannot wear your dinosaur pants on a date, Hal. I won't let you!" She stood her ground with her arms crossed.

I stomped my foot, much like a toddler, "I. Like. Dinos." We stared each other down for a moment.

The door even opened, to a shocked-looking Pete, "Oh, uhm, yeah I'll let you two hash this out. I'll be at my apartment if Nick asks." He then proceeded to carefully shut the door, and then RUN to the front door.

I sighed, "Well, I guess you're right... I'll change my pants, but nothing else! I- I want to wear his shirt, you know?" I made puppy dog eyes at my sister.

She let her arms fall, "Ugh.... fine! NO DINO PANTS!" she added once more and I nodded in agreement, "But a jean skirt would be perfect! And maybe forget the jacket, you can wear his if you get cold." she winked at me.

I sighed, I knew she would find a way to throw me in a skirt, I owned a few but having to run around with multiple kiddos while working, pants were just more convenient. I quickly went to the bathroom to slip on the skirt. Luckily it wasn't too tight and I could still easily move around. It went to about mid-thigh and was higher-waisted, but not super under-the-boob high. It was the same wash as the jeans before. I put the same belt on as before, but tucked the shirt into the skirt and pulled it out a bit, so it was more puffed-looking, I guess you could say. The shirt was still big though as it somewhat slid off my shoulder.

My sister looked at me with a smile and then clapped her hands, "Alright, Nick and I are going out with Bradley tonight. It's currently five-forty-five! So let's do some light makeup and style your hair before he gets here!"

I think Carole was more excited about my date than I was. I sat down on the bed facing her, "I'm kinda nervous about tonight..." I started as she continued to do some light makeup on my face. I continued, "Am I ready to start dating again? What if - if it ends like last time? I don't think I'd live through another one of those nights..." I sighed crossing my arms over my chest.

Carole suddenly grabbed my face between her hands, "Well, one, know that if that were to happen, Nick would murder someone, maybe the entire town," I slightly giggled at the thought of sweet innocent Nick hurting anyone who wasn't 'The Enemy'. She continued, "and Two, it's not going to happen... The way that man looks at you, is completely different from - that night. That won't happen again, not with him, not with Tom. It's just not possible." She put some lipstick on my lips. 'Red' she said to match my shoes. She then started to work on my hair, a messy bun at the nape of my neck, with a few pieces falling.

I sighed, "I know Carole, I'm just still scared." I rubbed the sides of my arms - my arms still crossed over my chest.

She grabbed my shoulders, "I know, but trust me, sis," she came around and sat beside me, taking my hands in hers, "This... you can't let this one go, ever. I trusted you with Nick, you need to trust me with, Tom. Okay?" I nodded, and she smiled, "Now forget about that night, erase," she grabbed my face and shook my head like an etch-a-sketch, "You're gonna have a great time tonight with your hot, hot, Snowman, Pilot. You hear?" She laughs.