Day Thirty

A/N: Warnings of this chapter. I don't want to spoil what is going to happen... but... Well the only OC to make it to the current timeline is Hal. No others... if you catch my drift. An official Warning with a spoiler will be posted in the comments. It's a pretty hard-hitting one, and well... let's just say Bradley remains an only child in the future...

Thursday, August 7th, 1986... 6 a.m. 

We had stayed the night at the apartment, so I could pack things to move in with Nic- my truck today. When I woke up I saw Bradley annoying his Uncle with many questions as Tom tried to get out of the house for work. 

I sat up, "Baby Bradley, Uncle Ice has to go work." I giggled as Bradley pouted. 

"But... what ifs Uncle Ice don't come back like Daddy did?" He began to sob as he uttered the words. 

Tom immediately swooped Bradley up into his arms. Holding the tyke tightly to his chest. "Sssshhhhh Bradley no more tears. Your Uncle Ice will come back to you" 

I jumped out of bed and stood with Tom, resting my hand on Bradley's back. "Say what buddy, do you want to go and drop off Uncle Ice in your Daddy's truck?" I asked. 

Bradley nodded into his Uncle's shoulder. I ran to the dresser grabbed some clothes and changed quickly. 

Bradley sat between Tom and me as we drove Tom to work

When we got there, Tom quickly hugged Bradley before jumping out of the truck and running over to the driver's side. 

The window was rolled down so Tom pulled himself up to kiss me. "take care of my boy" Tom mumbled into my lips. 

"I will always take care of my Bradley." I whispered, "You take care of you." 

" I will, I love you" He called as he left with a wave. Bradley cried as we waved and drove away. 

"Uncle Ice wills comes backs right?" Bradley asked me with big eyes. 

I nodded, "Yes, I don't even think Uncle Ice is flying today okay?" Bradley smiled content with this answer. 

"I like my Daddy's truck." He laughed as we hit a speed bump a little too fast. 

"It will be yours when you turn sixteen Bradley, I promise." I smile. 

We drove back to the old house and began to grab some boxes. Carole knew we were coming over, we had talked about this plan previously when I had called her back yesterday. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Bradley and I had already taken quite a few trips from the old house to the new house. Carole was still asleep. She had been not feeling well, so it was understandable. Not that I'd let a pregnant lady carry any of these boxes anyway.