Night Sixteen

A/N: Not my best work - but the bigger parts are coming soon don't worry! 

Tom came over with Nick and Pete - they were all sad as a rainy day ruined their almost daily volleyball game. They all sat around the table with grim faces. Carole and I just laughed as we sat their plates of dinner in front of them. 

Carole and I had already eaten before, knowing the guys would be home later than usual. Bradley had demanded he eat with his father and Uncles. 

I'm glad Bradley accepted Tom - if not Tom would have had to go. No man ever comes into my life without the approval of my sweet Nephew. 

Carole and I decided to sit in the living room while we waited for the guys to finish eating. 

"Oh, I'm so excited! Our little family feels complete!" She rested her hand on her stomach. 

I smiled, finally putting down the book I had finished reading, "It really does is, it really does." 

Soon the men joined us in the living room - except for Pete. He was going to meet up with Charlotte. We were all laughing as he walked out the door, blushing hard. Nick had thrown a condom at his head as he walked out. 

Nick and Carole sat on the love seat, while Tom and I sat on the couch. Bradley had fallen asleep in Carole's arms as she leaned back into Nick's chest. Bradley was laying on his mother's stomach - gently cuddling his sister he told us. 

I yawned as I stretched and lay closer to Tom's chest. Carole and I were silent as I assumed we both listened in to the guy's conversation. 

"So Tom, you living at my house now?" Nick quietly chuckled. 

Tom laughed too, "Seems like it. At least until we graduate." 

Nick sighed, "What then Tom? Break her heart by leaving?" I kept my breathing calm, they must have thought we had fallen asleep. My face was hidden in Tom's chest so maybe not seeing my face helped convince them I was asleep. 

Despite thinking I was asleep Tom pulled me closer as he replied, "I- I don't know what will happen, Nick. I sure can't leave her, I'd die if I even tried to do that." 

Nick continued to press the question, "So you're going to force her to stay away from you? Write letters back and forth, constantly worry about your health and safety?" 

Tom sighed, "I have no clue what will happen, Nick. It's all up to her, and what she wants. But for now, I'm here as long as she wants me to be." 

I smiled at him and I heard Tom laugh, knowingly, "Ah, it seems someone is in fact NOT ASLEEP." Before I could respond, I felt Tom tickle my sides. 

I sat up instantly laughing and swatting his hands away, "Tom stop" I laughed. Soon I had successfully swatted his hands away and managed to roll off of the couch. 

"Hey come back" Tom laughed as I jumped up and ran down he hallway to my room. I heard Tom get up and chase after me as I slammed my door shut laughing. 

Nick's POV - Oh? 

I sighed as I watch them chase after one another. I remember when Carole and I started dating - it was fun like that. Although, we did have to grow up a bit for Bradley. That was something I was okay with - I love my son with all my heart. 

I pulled Carole closer to me, sleeping here would be fine. As long as she was comfortable. I just - I hope. Ugh - I just hope we all make it through this. I have

I have a funny feeling this family won't be whole for very long. I have no clue why or how - but I know this bliss won't last forever.