Day Twenty-Seven

A/N: a bit sad, but... it's turning a corner. For now... Also, you're welcome. It's midterm week, and I'm uploading not one but two parts. Also sorry for the shorter parts. Not too much is happening plot wise for a while - and I'm really stressed out. But I promise I'm tryin

That next morning I woke up as soon as Tom's alarm clock went off. He dressed In his uniform and I made him some breakfast while he got ready. 

As he ate I got dressed and then called Mr.Metcalf's office. 

"Hello, Commander Metcalf, how can I help you?" He answered. 

"Hello, Mr.Metcalf, it's Hal Ryan" I began 

"Oh, please don't tell me Tom doesn't feel well" He sighed. 

I chuckled, "No he's alright, just worried. Do you mind if I sit with the ladies at the front desk? Just in case?" I ask. 

He smiled, "That would be quite alright. My wife is here as well. You can sit with her in my office if you please. I believe miss. Benjamin is here as well. We will see you later on." He then hung up as I heard his office door open in the distance. 

I had something small to eat if I knew Mrs. Metcalf and I did... then that means we would have plenty of homemade goodies to munch on while we were there. 

it would be a nice day to see some other people, and just relax for a while. And me being there will give Tom so much help. 

I slipped my wedges on. 

I grabbed Tom's hand as we walked out of the apartments, "I'll be in Viper's office, with his wife and Penny, if you need me okay? And you know there will be some sweet baked goods in there if your sweet tooth starts acting up" 

He kissed my lips quickly as we walked to the building. It wasn't even a five-minute walk from the apartments, which then makes no sense as to why Pete would meet up with Nick at the house... Never mind, I don't want to think about that. 

- - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

When we got there, Tom kissed my cheek and went to get into his flight suit before classes and their hop. I was led to Viper's office where his wife and Penny already were. 

I sat down on one of the chairs there. Mrs.Metcalf sat at her husband's desk. Penny and I sat on the chairs in front of it. 

"Oh, Hal, it's so good to see you!" Mrs.Metcalf exclaimed, " How are you doing?" She offered me a brownie, I took a small one. Like I said - I knew there would be baked goods. 

"I'm - hanging in there. I've been more worried about Tom and Pete" I sigh, sitting down. 

"Yes, and I want to thank you for looking out for him that night. You know when he disappeared and couldn't find him" Penny was referring to the night I and Tom had saved Pete.