Day thirty-six

July 13th, 1986  -> 10:00 am

When I woke up, Carole was not to be found. Although... She never really liked to sleep in anyone's bed but her own. She even hated sleepovers growing up because of that. So I wasn't really surprised there. 

Cute Baby Bradley was snuggled into my arms, snoring away. He got the snoring from Carole, even if Nick would have gladly taken the blame for it in the past. 

But seriously growing up with Carole's snores... provided for little sleep most nights. 

My stomach growled as I lay awake holding Bradley...

But I sincerely didn't care. I have no motivation to get up. At all. I merely want to ly in bed until Tom comes home. To sleep until he gets here, so I can wake up and all will be normal again. That's all I wish... Is that too much to ask for? 

I felt sorry for Bradley, as my grumbling stomach eventually woke him up. "Auntie, you hungry?" He shot his eyes open, "I make food, you stay" He jumped out of the bed and I heard his feet pattern down the steep-ish stairs. 

I didn't need Bradley to take care of me... But I had to admit, I wouldn't eat unless someone made me. I couldn't even bring myself to move out of bed... 

I knew he was doing his job. I knew this was what I signed up for. I know that... I don't need to be fucking reminded of it. 

I looked over to Tom's side of the bed and sobbed. He should be here. I sobbed more, as I cuddled up into the covers. I didn't want to leave the bed, ever. Not until Tom came back. 

And if he never came back, I'd never leave this bed. 

I hope he comes home to me... But, what if he doesn't? 

I wish I could merely fall asleep and wake up when he comes back. So that way I can speed up the time for when he comes home. And if he never came home... I'd never have to wake up again. 

He's the love of my life, and nothing will change that. 

                                %

I lay in bed, moping until Bradley and Carol came back in to deliver me my breakfast. It was simple fried eggs and hot cocoa. Bradley always thought hot cocoa made everything better. 

"Here Auntie! Hot Coco!" Bradley smiled and handed me the mug filled with whipped cream and sprinkles. 

"Thank you Baby Bradley" I kissed his forehead. I sipped from the cup, getting some whipped cream on my nose. Bradley laughed, so I got some on my finger to put on his nose in return. 

Carole was leaning against the door to my bedroom, "Hey Bradley, how about you take your Auntie out to lunch today? I bet she would enjoy that." She smiled. 

I didn't want to get out of bed today... 

"I'd love that! Would you like to go to lunch Auntie?" The little tyke sounded so excited. 

How could I say no? 

I smiled and nodded, "Yes, but in a little while - I just at breakfast." 

He smiled and jumped out of the room, claiming something about needing to prepare an outfit for the occasion. 

I rolled my eyes at Carole, who just smiled and said, "You're welcome." before she walked away. 

&

I had gotten up to get dressed when Bradley walked in telling me to wear my purple dress so we can match. 

I laughed, I actually honestly smiled.  I went through the closet and grabbed my clothes, before heading to the shower.