Night Thirty-Three

A/N: Hello there my aviators. One I would like to thank you for all the love you've given to my story. It recently hit 1K votes which is an extreme milestone. Not to mention the amount of reads skyrocketing. As an author who didn't expect this story to get over 600, I thank you with every fiber in my being for what 25K reads now. You are all amazing and I am so thankful for each and every one of you. Sorry, I also haven't been posting as recently as I used to. It's currently finals week and I am drowning... College man. Anyway, I hope to post a bit more over the winter break. Enjoy this little cookout scene. Also for your knowledge, the next handfuls of parts - after the TG graduation - will be JAMMED PACKED. So I apologize if these more recent posts have been short. This story is super long and I am glad you all are sticking along with me for the ride. Enjoy the story! And once again, I thank you all!  (Also I changed up the action that occurs in this part - hope you enjoy :) )

Hal's POV - Early Afternoon Prep

Mike Metcalf, Viper, along with his wife and daughters arrived about an hour ago. Mike was teaching Tom how to cook different types of meat on the barbecue. Tom, hadn't ever learned. It's not his fault he had a terrible father though. I was glad that he had Mike to lean on, he wasn't just an instructor or mentor, he was a friend. 

Mrs. Metcalf, Carole, Audrey, and I were all inside cooking so many sides. At one point we had to prop open the doors and all the windows. As it was getting SO hot inside. 

Eventually, with the heat, we all changed into more comfortable clothes - thankfully Mrs.Metcalf and Carole were relatively the same size. 

I put my hair up and put on a nice checkered outfit

I put my hair up and put on a nice checkered outfit. I thought I looked like a picnic table cover. Although it was a light white and yellow - and not the typical red. So I guess I was safe. I slipped on my sandals. Thankfully, as I was the last one to get dressed, Carole and Mrs.Metcalf had finished the sides up. All I had to do was carry them out and set them up. 

I carried a big pan of boiled corn on the cob outside and to the patio tables. People would have to bring their own camping chairs - because the food would be on the patio tables.

I looked out as the Metcalf daughters were entertaining Jake and Bradley outside. They were playing tag, and running around the tree in the backyard. 

I sat the corn down and began to go inside to get more food to bring out. I then sighed as I looked at the empty coolers. We'd need to get some ice too - to put the drinks in. 

I made a detour from the back porch to the grill. "Snowman," I called giving a little wave. 

He smiled, excused himself from Mike, and came over to me - a little jog in his step, "What is it hunny?" He rested his hands on the dips of my hips, "You look absolutely stunning, by the way" He then proceeded to kiss my forehead. 

"Really?" I asked confused, totally forgetting about the ice for a moment, "I thought I looked like a picnic table" 

He chuckled, "If that means I can eat you up all the same, then yes you do look like a picnic table. All hot and sexy." He mumbled in my ear.