Night Eighteen

It was almost time for dinner - and as I thought about the fun time we were about to have, my spirit couldn't have been lifted any higher. 

I had decided on the white dress (as seen in the last chapter) and I was doing my makeup as we spoke. 

"Hey, Sister mine, you ready?" Carole knocked on my door as she peered in. 

"I am, I am! When will the guys be home?" I stood up and walked over to my dresser to grab my purse. 

"Soon! Pete will meet us there with Charlie. Nick said Tom is picking you up here soon - Nick called. Said he wanted to take you out for a bit, get you out of the house." Carole smiled as I passed her going to the living room. 

"That sounds wonderful! Oh, and he said he might be spending the night tonight - however, I might convince him to let me stay with him." I smiled at her. 

She nodded. 

Then there was a knock on the door, I opened it and there was my Snowman. Oh, how he makes me melt. 

"Snowman!" I shouted and ran into his arms. 

"Oh, my sweet Rose" He spun me around. 

" I was thinking we have some time together before dinner - however..." He mumbled sitting me down and looking at my outfit. 

"However what?" I asked. Was something wrong with my outfit - did he not like it? 

"I might just skip dinner and go to dessert" He laughed and put his hands on my hips, pulling me in close. 

I put my hand on his chest, "Thomas you big flirt!" I chuckled. 

"What! Not my fault you look ravishing!" He smirked, "Your beauty is that of the heavens Hal!" He went weak at the knees as I felt them bend. 

"oh, stop with the dramatics - let's go for a drive?" I smiled up at him. 

"Anything you wish angel" He smiled and offered me his arm - walking us to his car. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

After a nice drive, we ended up at the diner for dinner. We sat in a corner booth munching on some food. 

We had gotten a pizza for all of us to share - we also got a lot of fries to share. 

By the time we were finished eating, Nick and Bradley were over by the Piano. Carole sat in the corner with Pete's arm around her shoulder. Charlie was at my side - we had become friends and it was refreshing honestly. On my other side was Tom, well that was until he decided to get up and join my brother-in-law at the piano. 

"You shake my nerves and you rattle my brain. too much love drives a man insane, you break my will oh what a thrill - goodness gracious great balls of fire!" Nick, Tom, and Bradley sang at the piano. 

I threw my head in my hands turning red. 

"Maverick! Will you go fetch them?!" Carole blushed, "Don't they ever embarrass you?!" 

"Goose HELL NO! Ice, Maybe a little" He chuckled. 

"Hey don't give Goose an easy time!" I smirked. 

"Well... there was that time..." Pete mumbled.

"The admiral's daughter!" Carole laughed and jabbed his elbow in him. 

"He told me all about the time you went ballistic with Penny Benjamin." I laughed rolling my eyes at Charlie. 

Pete got insecure now in front of Charlie, "Did he? Well that's great" 

"He tells us about all of them Maverick" Carole laughed. 

"How the little angle Goose goes home early for Church" I continued. 

"And you! You always go home with the hot women." Carole finishes my sentence. 

He sighed as his face grew redder, "Thank you, ladies... I think I'm going to embarrass myself with the guys for a bit." Pete then got up and joined the men at the piano. 

"Ow, you shake my nerves and you rattle my brain. too much love drives a man insane. You broke my will, oh what a thrill. Goodness, gracious great balls of fire." 

" I would love to be able to warn you off about Maverick -" Carole started. 

"I could -" I mumbled under my breath. 

"Oh hush - don't mind her. As I was saying we would love to be able to warn you off about Maverick. But we can't we just love him to death." Carole ate some fries - steadily avoiding the alcohol on the table as well. "You know I've known Pete for a lot of years now - and one thing's for certain. There are hearts breaking all over the world to night" 

"Why?" Charlie asked. 

I scoffed playfully, "Well because unless you are a fool, that boy is off the MARKET! HE is prime time, in love - with you!" 

Charlie blushed at me, looking back toward the men. 

"Hey Goose ya big stud!" Carole called out. 

I rolled my eyes toward her mumbling to Charlie, "She's the embarrassing one." 

"That's me hunny!" Nick called back. 

"take me to bed or lose me forever!" She called back. 

"Show me the way home hunny!" He laughed. 

Us women then decided to get up and join the men at the piano. 

"Come on Bradley, sing with the family," Nick told his son. Who just smiled and nodded. 

"You shake my nerves and you rattle my brain too much love drives a man insane. You broke my will oh what a thrill, GOODNESS GRACIOUS GREAT BALLS OF FIRE!" We all sang. Tom kissed my cheek at the end. 

By the end of the night, we all went our separate ways. Charlie went with Mav on his bike. Carole, Nick, and Bradley all went home in the car. And I had successfully convinced Tom to let me stay the night.

"I love you Tom" I whispered to him as he kissed me before we went to bed.

" I love you too Hal." He smiled afterward. 

"Take me to bed or lose me forever" I smirked quoting my sister from earlier. 

"Yes ma'am " He laughed as he tackled me onto the bed. 

We talked for hours on end - before he passed out on my chest. 

I yawned, running my hands through his hair and falling asleep myself. 

Yeah, I can get used to falling asleep in his arms.