Day Twenty-Three

A/N: Hello aviators I hope you enjoyed the latest two chapters. We're no where near done with this story... ugh, I've reached the point where not writing is stressful, and writing is also stressful. I guess that's what an 18 credit semester will do to you... Anyway, I'll try to keep up with posts as much as possible. Enjoy the this chapter! Day Twenty-Three and Night Twenty - Four will be the last parts set in July. That means I've written an entire month almost... Wow, anyway enjoy. 

Thursday July 31, 1986 - 10am. 

We had initially wanted to lay in bed all day. However, Tom and Pete had to yet again go in to the court. Tom told me last night that this was the day of his official result, and tomorrow was Pete's. I have no clue how Pete is going to be able to sit through today - especially after last night. 

                 -> What Hal is wearing for reference

                 -> What Hal is wearing for reference. She had these in a bag at Tom's as a Sunday option for when she spent the night last weekend. 

Tom and I had woken up at 10. While Tom showered and dressed, I went down the walkway to knock on Pete's door. However, he was already sat on a rocking chair outside. I ruffled up his hair, which earned me a pointed annoyed look as he tried to straighten it back down. 

"Is my Pete back today?" I asked quietly, looking out at the sun. Miramar was pretty, that was a for sure fact. 

"I think so... Maybe not though" He sighed. 

"I know its rough Pete. It's going to be tough I know. Just, Just know you don't have to go through anything alone okay? I will always be here for you to run to." I smiled down at him. 

But he just frowned, "That's what Nick would say..." 

I sighed, "well we never know what the future holds... We learned that enough this week. But Pete as Long as I'm here. You can wake me up in the early hours. You can call when you need, you can barge into my house without question. You don't have to live alone, despite how much you think you deserve it." 

"You can tell him that all you want Hal, but I've learned, "I looked up and there she was Penny Benjamin. The woman who owned his heart. I have no clue where Charlie went. Hollywood had said something about her leaving for DC to use the information she got from Pete for her paper and research. I was upset, but Charlie always seemed more of a, well she wasn't straight that's for sure. I was proud of her for being a strong woman and knowing what she wants. I just wish she didn't use Pete like that. "That no matter what he will always blame himself. So the best thing is to help him figure things out. No matter how many mistakes it takes," Penny sat on the edge of the rocking chair. Pete's hands immediately went to her hips. Her hands went to cradle his face, "Pete always figures out how to help everyone. He's an asshole, for sure" Pete pouted, "But in the way a cat is. An Asshole, but somehow the sweetest thing you'll ever meet" this brought a smile to Pete's face.