Night thirty-six

A/N: This is one very emotional song ^ I literally sob every time I hear it. I'm so sorry if this is too emotional for you all. I feel so sad writing this as I can... I can't express it as a writer. Anyway, as I sob, I hope you enjoy this part. I'll be working on the next pieces here soon. I love all of you my loyal readers. We're in the home stretch. Only 40 some more parts. 

The party had lasted maybe an hour or two after the actual graduation ceremony. They had little bits of food and drink - which led to many people's conversations at the food tables. It was overall a nice time...

Then Mike called the guys over. 

Hollywood

Wolfman

Iceman

Slider

and 

Maverick 

They all would be going on this mission. They were called over to Mike with their families. "So," Mike began, "If you're not already packed, go get a packing. You're leaving tonight," There were some shocked faces, "don't be shocked I said it was urgent, didn't I? Now, I expect you all to be back by 1800 hours. It's currently, 1600 hours. You're dismissed." 

Everyone dismissed them, and most of the guys went back to quickly pack. However, Tom knew this mission was coming. So we were already packed up from this morning. Gladys knew this and turned to us, "How about dinner?" She said with a weary smile. 

Tom held me tight to him, as he nodded. We all piled up in our cars and drove to the diner. 

When we got there, Mark was instantly requesting Melissa. It was cute. They would be flirting the entire time. Tom and I sat down at the table, next to one another. He never let go of the hold he had on me. And if I knew Tom Kazansky - which I did - he wouldn't let go of me until it was necessary. 

We were all sat down when Melissa came over to take our order. To be quite honest I wasn't hungry - at all. I just wanted to sit here, Tom's arm around my shoulder, for two straight hours. I'd miss him beyond belief. 

"And you Hale?" She asked with a smile. 

"A small coke, and a small fry please," I mumbled. Tom didn't speak but held up the number two in his hand. 

Melissa walked about with a slight frown. 

"Oh, what are we going to do with you two?" Gladys gave a smile. She wanted to be the happy one, I could tell it from her eyes. 

"Let us sit here together, That's all I ask," Tom mumbled holding me closer. 

"Anything he wants," I tagged in. 

Gladys then made small talk, as did Mark. Tom and I merely sat there, enjoying each other's presence. We knew this would be hard, but that didn't mean knowing that made it any easier. 

Even when our food sat in front of us, we barely touched it. I drank the Coke fast as I realized how high my anxiety was. Tom let me have his. He ended up eating all of his fries and most of mine. 

He held me close as everyone finished their food. Eventually, Melissa returned to the table and asked if we wanted any dessert. 

"Strawberries?" I asked. 

Melissa simply nodded and smiled as she said, "Of course anything for you two." 

So Tom and I shared a small bowl of cut strawberries. We had already had a lot together today - but these were bittersweet. The last bowl we could ever share... I know it's stupid to cry over a small cut monkey dish of strawberries. But a tear rolled down my face anyway. I immediately whisked it away with my thumb. There was no way I would let Tom see me cry.