Day Nineteen

A/N: hello dear readers! There are way more people enjoying this story than I thought there would be and I thank you all for that. After the next few parts, the story will really take off! That being said you'll note the dates at the beginning of the day chapters... the story will end on the date "August 31st, 1986" and I write two parts for each calendar day in the story. So as you can see this story will have MANY parts... so please be patient as I'm working on finishing up the story. Thank you now onto the story 🫶🏻

Sunday, July 27th, 1986 -two days...

I woke up in a mess of tangled limbs and sheets. My arms felt heavy, and I had a feeling that when I stood up my knees would give out.

I tried falling back asleep, I felt so entirely drained. But then the source of what woke me up the first time was heard again.

A knock on the door...

I stayed silent, worried it was one of his commanders and that he was in trouble.

Then there was a voice, "Tom, it's Mom and Dad."

I sighed in relief for a moment before I remembered the situation I was in. I'm basically in a studio apartment, naked with my lover in bed.

I tried to sit up and gently wake up Tom. However, there was no way he'd actually wake up. I'm fact as I got up he rolled over into a ball and cuddled into the blankets.

I sighed walking over to the bathroom - pausing and holding onto the wall once I got there. The pain in my hips was deep and very present. I grabbed his dark blue robe from the hook and walked over to the door. I unlocked the actual door lock but kept the chain across the top.

When I opened the door I was met with the three faces of his family. "Oh hello!" I yawned, "oh excuse me, we had a bit of a long day yesterday" I explained, "it is wonderful to see you though" I smiled.

His mother nodded, "Oh we're sorry to disturb you two then! Is Tommy still asleep?" I nodded. "Well then," she continued, "how about you two take some time to wake up and get ready? Then meet us at the diner?"

I nodded, "The Miramar Diner?" I wanted to make sure we were thinking of the same place. She nodded. "Okay, I'll see if I can persuade him to get up" I chuckled.

This made his brother laugh, "Oh good luck, once time I tried to wake him up and he punched me in the face"

I nodded, I had not missed out on the fact that my Snowman likes his sleep. I'll add it on to the Old Man tease later. Even likes to go to bed early - and I like the aftermath of that tease.

Anyway, they waved goodbye as I shut the door and locked it again. Still in the robe I slowly made my way over to Tom, gently trying to wake him up again.

Nothing except a whine that clearly meant no. I decided that east wake up time was over and I pulled the blankets out from around him. Given that it was cold in the mornings and he was completely naked - this Shirley would get him up.

He whined again, "Ugh why?" He sat up and held himself in the fetal position.

I moved his arms from around his knees and pushed him back down so I could lay on his chest. He sighed, "You could have done that under the covers!"

I shook my head, "We have to get up - your parents we're here. Woke me up."

He put his hands on my back and then, "Ugh what time is it?" He looked at the watch on his left wrist, "damn already eleven?"

I nodded sounded about right, normally his parents come in later in the afternoon. "I had to answer the door in your robe, hope you don't mind," I mumbled.