Night Twenty-Three

WARNING WARNING ALARM ALARM!
Just wanted to let y'all know this will have written depths of suicide in it. I will mark when you should stop reading but I can leave a summary in a comment at the end so you can skip right over it if this is a triggering topic. Thank you. Enjoy my little aviators. There is also mentions of drowning and death in this chapter... also I didn't edit this too much. It was typed on my phone instead of computer. So deal lol. Again love you all and enjoy...

We had looked at every motel within 10 miles of Miramar... No Carole to be found. I was really starting to worry. However I held myself together for Bradley's sake.

My hand twitched and shook as I tried to rest it on my shaking knee. Tom's hand reached over to grab mine. He held it tight as we drove back to his apartment. We saw people higher ups even, but no one dared question it or mention the rules. They knew what had happened, they felt bad. Their pity kept us out of trouble. I don't like pity, but I'm thankful for it now.

Bradley wasn't bored as I thought he would be staying at Tom's. All he did was sit around now. He didn't touch any of his toys that Tom had gotten him from the store on our way home yesterday. He was sweet to think of Bradley that way, knowing his apartment was small and not fit for a child's entertainment.

It was a waste though. As Bradley laid in bed most of the time, Silently crying wrapped up into a ball. Tom and I had tried multiple times to comfort him. He would always refuse, saying he wanted his Dad. Tom and I just let him be, as we tried to make something for dinner. Despite that Tom had basically nothing in his fridge.

Tom eventually decided to go to the store - I get bad but I forced Bradley to go along. To at least get him out. Bradley said he'd go but only with his Uncle so ... I was now stuck at home, alone with me and my thoughts. I had decided to get a shower. It was something I desperately needed. The water ran down my face and cleared my head of any thoughts. Even when I got out of the shower, I felt new and clean. I decided that maybe, maybe this somehow could have a good ending. I got dressed in some shorts and one of Tom's T-shirt's.

I wasn't planning to go anywhere

The phone rang ... (here is your official trigger warning)

I answered, "Hello Brad- This is The Kazansky Residence. Tom's out right now but I can take a message?"

"It's okay I want to talk to my sister" I heard a smile on the other end of the phone, however her words were rushed something was wrong.

"Carole! Where are you? We went looking and we were worried sick" I began talking fast

"Hold on girly we can talk about that later! It's because I was looking for Mav and ... I found him well not him but a note. I'm at the complex him and Ice lived in now... and Hal I found a suicide note. We need to go to the peer now" Carole word committed through the phone.

I hung up the receiver and quickly threw on some shoes. I wrote a quick note to Tom,

'You are not to tell Bradley a word. Be calm tell hime everything's fine. Carole called - found a suicide letter, Pete's. Said he was going to the pier to do it. Got to go, I wrote down your number and I'll call as soon as I can. I love you so very much Snowman. - Hal'