Chapter Four

Arilynn Hamilton

Nathan and I walked down the gangplank onto the back of his yacht with the the name Syren scrawled in big single cast polished steel on the aft engine room panel. A three hundred foot yacht and Nathan had never shown any reserve in letting me see his life.

He wasn't shy, and he certainly wasn't reserved about reminding me in the first year of our relationship that all that he had was mine as well.

I'd also gotten to learn that unlike many of the people I'd met amongst the extremely wealthy that every possession was a cherished item. Nathan may dress in tailored clothing, and drive some of the most exclusive cars on the planet but the way he went about it was a prime example of where the Winters Family sat. Ten Generations of prestige and I still ended up being apart of the one with everything at their finger tips.

And Nathan calls himself a lucky bastard. That's the case I'm a lucky bitch.

Climbing the wooden steps up to the aft lounge with a table that doubled as a hot tub I watched Nathan whisper something to the Captain, while a stewardess carried over a tray with two flutes of bubbling Cristal champagne. Reaching over I accepted one of the glasses thanking her and getting a small smile in return while Nathan does the same after a moment.

When the Captain leaves I watch dock staff retract the gangplank and jump to the swim deck before walking off with general staff.

"I suppose we go to the lounge we can enjoy a drink along with the summer breeze" Nathan says slipping his shoes off and waiting for me while I do the same. We then walk off along the promenade looking off the side of the boat this time of year his parents were in Monaco. Though they would be leaving the city. Retirement had treated them well since they had removed themselves from the chaos of working long hours each day.

That also meant they moved around a lot. Four weeks as each of their houses though it was rumored they had more held under a massive trust, but that's not my business.

Getting to the sliding glass door Nathan opened them pushing both pocket doors inside the wall and sitting down one one of the large sofas in the darkly designed room. It was interesting to me how ambient this room was but it was also comforting. It smelt of Nathan's rich cologne and some of the smoked liquor he owned.

"I can't believe all this exists" Nathan says looking off at the coastline as the yacht moved across the water with utter ease and silence save for the slight sound of rolling water from the back of the boat. The small coastal towns and cities made the view seem picturesque with mountains covered in dense trees and bleached sandy beaches to cover all of where the sea met land.

I then watched as Nathan took another sip of his champagne and smile softly to himself, before looking at me. "I'm glad I get to see all this with you mi amor" he adds and I flush slightly, feeling the heat rise onto my face at the kind words and soft smile he is giving me.

All of a sudden I watch a crewman round the corner.

"Mr. Winters we have a boat incoming close to us. It's your fathers" he says and Nathan nods before standing and walking to the edge of the solid railing of his yacht to watch his fathers Skoteino sail past, while the crewman leaves to return to his duties.

Standing I walked to the side of the boat to witness the shiny black lacquered hull of the largest yacht I will ever see cast a shadow against the Syren which was half the size of the boat in front of me. Both Winters parents were leaning on the railing of the boat looking down at us with smiles. Adrian's beard having gained some silver to it along with the sides of his head though the man who had barely broke fifty was still an intimidating figure along side his wife. Both were dressed exquisitely and remained regal on the side of the boat while still maintaining a relaxed look.