Chapter Twenty Three

I had barely left Hamilton Enterprises when my phone began vibrating and I tried to rummage through the contents of my purse until I found the device and turned it on before holding it to my ear as I got into my Cullinan which I would admit was my favourite vehicle for daily usage.

"Arilynn Hamilton" I say and I hear a soft chuckle on the other side of the line.

"You need to check the name of the person on your phone Miss Hamilton" Nathan says, his voice a welcome relief after dealing with three people who were complaining about the warehouse situation.

Hamilton had dozens of warehouse centers around the US and for some reason certain people seemed to believe that the set up was my fault when in actuality it was the on site manager that decided where things were based on how often those things were needed, and it changed from region to region across the country.

"Nathanial" I breathe setting my purse in the passenger footwell and staring the SUV, "how has your day been?".

"It's been good, I got an absolute ass pile of things done though I got to look at what my october schedule looks like, and it has the ability to be a complete dumpster fire".

"Uh oh, that's not good" I say driving away from the curb and joining traffic.

"Yeah, I have two more meetings with Scarlett one this coming week, and another in mid October, I also have the charity gala for halloween to set up though I'm sure Tatyana will take over as she does each year" Nathan sighs likely running his fingers through his hair.

His statement makes me laugh because of the truth to it. Every years when the masquarade charity gala comes up Tatyana clears a week of her schedule and buzzes through it to make it extremely welcoming though her efficency was appreciated by all three Winters Siblings because of just how busy their lives got since everything had to be closed and completed by the beginning of December when all of them disappeared over seas. This year it would be slightly different as Nathan mentioned he could only stay in Marbella for two weeks this year and then had to be back in New York to put together the Winters Charity Gala in our home since he had always enjoyed what he called the Gatsby effect.

Nathan though disliking most people didn't actually have any issue with attending events and was a natural socialite when it came to the world he surrounded himself in. I liked to think of it as the do over just better of Nathan's family history. The whole world had talked about each Winters man at different intervals and in the end I saw why it annoyed them but still they fed off of it.

Nathanial was a socialite and party goer along with a mild gambler in High Society New York City. Alexander set up the foiundation to the Winters families wealth, Adrian built everything on top of it, and made everything that the family had become, and not a single thing was publically known of how, all anyone knew was that Adrian was the black sheep of the families previously very public lifestyle. He was patient and efficient beyond supposedly everyone expectations for the son of New York's most powerful family. Nathan was the maintainer and didn't delve into others things unless it concerned his friends or family and I respected him for it, he was the guardian for the family.

I liked to think I fit into that well I would be by Nathan through everything and had been for the past nearly seven years, and that included attending the charity gala's that Tatyana planned to perfection that we likely would always go to as long as she was Nathan's assistant for the duration of his career.

"Well at least you know it'll be more then you expected" I comment before I hear the engine of his car turn on.

"I've just learned to expect to be surprised, that's where I set my expectations because I am every time. I've stopped guessing what she's put together".