Chapter Seventy Five

A few days after our monthly date, I had been woken to find Nathan just leaving the bathroom in a towel while his hair was messier then hell. He was humming a song under his breath as he entered the closet all while I tried to stop myself from turning red and laughing at the same time.

These pregnancy hormones are fucking with me.

When he came out of the closet he was dressed in a pair of worn jeans and a shirt he typically wore when he was about to work on his cars or do a project, but he hadn't bought any material, all his projects were done, and all of his cars needs were topped up yesterday.

I then watched him stop by the bathroom door and look straight at me.

"You suck at pretending to sleep" he laughs leaning against the doorframe, "I love you though".

"Damn it" I mutter unable to hold back the smile any longer and he just smiles at me from across the room with his arms crossed.

"Now out with it, what's going on in that pretty little head of yours?" Nathan asks as he finger combed his hair.

"Wondering what you're up to dressed like your about to do manual labor, which is rare".

"Hey, I do things myself, I just don't look like this when doing other things".

"Exactly" I muse and he just shakes his head before walking over to me and kneeling beside the bed. I then watch him wrap his arms around me and pull me to the side of the bed before leaning over and kissing me gently.

"Go back to sleep Arilynn, I'm just doing a paint design on the room Valerie will have" Nathan says as he cups the side of my face.

"Don't make it look ridiculous" I say shutting my eyes.

"Never" he replies and I could hear the smile in his voice.

I then heard him leave before I rolled out of bed and crossed the room since for some reason it was just bend down or over really far, and getting out of low cars that I struggled with currently everything else was fine.

Crossing the room I entered the bathroom and turned on the shower before undressing and stepping inside the shower to wake myself up more since if Nathan was going to paint and decorate I'd make him food so when he is done or decides he needs food there is some for him.

As I finished cleaning off sleep, I washed my face since I had bought a specific soap to clean my face while in the shower and then use skin care after I got out. Getting out of the shower thirty minutes later I dried off and pulled my hair up under a towel before heading off towards the closet to get dressed after wrapping myself in a towel.

Looking around the clothing and bag filled space I took a cream coloured dress and pulled it over myself and a pair of stretchy leggings since I didn't want to compress my body especially with a developing baby in me.

I then removed the hair towel and styled my hair choosing to curl strands of it before doing light make up and heading downstairs to the kitchen.

Walking downstairs I noticed that the sun was glowing through the front window of the house and had lightened many of the grey beige tones in the house and reflected off the glass of the picture frames providing a colourful glow to the house.

I then looked around the kitchen and set up two cutting board before collecting all of my ingredients starting with the basics of what I was planning to make. I the collected a knife and a variety of other cooking tools before I began boiling water and set a six slotted tin over it with a lid so that it could boil while the six eggs I cracked into it would poach.

After that began I started on making one of Nathan's favourite meals which was French toast pancakes which I had always found interesting but none the less I had tried them and now I would admit I liked them almost as much as he did.

He also seemed to like powdered sugar on his pancakes with melted Nutella mixed with protein since he cared a lot about keeping his body filled with vitamins and nutrients.

As I finished making everything I took on attempting to plate everything neatly and dusting each of his pancakes with the powdered sugar, along with the Nutella. The poached eggs were just plain pepper and a little bit of salt before I went and did what I wanted with mine. Covering them to keep the heat in I quickly tidied the kitchen and made sure the mess I made wasn't everywhere before carrying both plates upstairs and setting the one meant for Nathan near the doorway before remembering coffee and racing back downstairs to get him a cup of espresso with cream which he seemed to like and I wouldn't pester him about his coffee preference.

When I got back upstairs I then set down the cup and leaned in the doorway and watched as he took various stencils and painted the art onto the wall. He also had drawn a graphic on the one wall and had painted a silhouette photo of him and I walking hand in hand but he had painted in a child girl between us.

I didn't know why he did it, but he threw passion at everything, as if him directing all his own pent-up emotion into creativity wasn't his favourite past time. It was a good use of his energy though, he was naturally creative and it was one of the most incredible things I'd ever seen, he funneled his energy into passion projects like our house and the garden, into making wooden sculptures for his friends and family, and fixing and maintaining his cars. He put it into his food. He wasn't complex though, I could figure him out just like he could when he initially met me.

"Thank you for breakfast love, what do you think of the mural?" he asks sitting back on his ankles as he stared at me from across the room.

"I think it's pretty though she will ask to paint over it when she's a preteen".

"I don't care I'll get to cherish it for a few years".

"You're sentimental, and caring about your daughter, and I love it".

"I love you too Arilynn" Nathan says before dipping a brush in white paint and letting it stay there while he used masking tape and blocked off a strip before painting it over black and then taking the white tipped brush and carefully writing out Valerie Adrianna Winters.

"I hope she takes after you" I say and he smirks softly.

"I hope she looks like you" he replies as I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around his chest.

"Maybe we'll both get our wish" I muse and he laughs before considering his work once more.

That was shit, but I procrastinated so that's my doing. Comment, vote, and share. Anyways

Peace✌️