Chapter Fifty Nine

Almost a month had passed since Arilynn and I had moved into the new house, and as was tradition I was pulling on a tuxedo like I do every year for my family hosted Gala. I felt good in the dark grey fabric and satin black lapels, I also had a persistent feeling deep in my chest though I knew why and I hadn't acted on it based on Arilynn's request. We both had an idea of who was behind everything, and it was digging at both of us, but we also had another lead that we were discovering and it had the possibility of saving them along with explaining a lot that we hadn't actually thought about or considered.

How my dad dictated every move like a shadow I don't know.

I was however in my own way doing the same thing, I was waiting out the bad decisions, and now I had to wait for the solidity of this period to set down to the final stretch which I had a feeling would be soon this would all be over soon enough.

Arilynn looked like a dream, and the fact she had never gotten over her show daughter days made her have a shy aspect even to this day and in a black dress that had sequins and actual gems going from the one shoulder down past the slit in the dress that was closed by lace, and to the hem of the dress I could feel the knots forming in my stomach, I was twenty-six years old and I was nervous to even look at this woman in front of me, but that was the same reason I loved her so much she brought out the sides of me I hid to make myself stronger and now those pieces could be with her, and the world would be stuck with who I was while she got the true me in my entirety.

"You look absolutely ravishing love" I say giving her the stereotypical smirk that was a family staple note.

"You look like you are going to steal hearts, you definitely took mine" she says pulling the black gloves that went with her dress on.

"And I have long promised to cherish it forever, now let's go I'll let you pick what we go in".

"The DBS, seems right down your classy aisle".

Letting out a laugh I clasped my watch and left our large room that took up a large portion of the once wing of the house before heading down into the foyer and pulling open a drawer to take out the DBS Superleggera key.

Pulling open the front door I let Arilynn follow me out before locking the door and the both of us strode away to the garage doors before putting in the code and they opened allowing us both into the room that was filled with our cars and the lift lowered down since they were set up like the ones in Japan which was long an idea I wanted to be able to store two cars on two lifts behind each door on both the one side of the driveway and the round about area of a secondary motor court where all of the more expensive vehicles went or the ones that weren't pulled out as often.

Opening the driver side door I pulled the car out and stopped before pressing the close button and on cue the lights also shut off since they were motion activated but also door activated. I then opened the door for Arilynn and let her slip inside the vehicle which she just laughed as I did.

"You're such a gentlemen even if we're going to be late to the doors open" she calls after me and I just smirk at her before getting back into the car and speeding off towards the event hall where the gala would be hosted as it was every year.

Eventually getting to Manhattan as with every year I spotted the lines of luxury cars in late night thinning traffic as we all neared the hall that was as every year closed for the day so that when seven rolled around we all could walk into the hall that got redecorated to be exactly how we wanted the entire building.

Watching an all black Maybach roll to the curb I knew from the double shocks that it was my parents because that car weighed fifty percent more because of all the armoring.