Chapter Fifty Five

Nearly half an hour after I got home and had changed into comfy clothes the designer was let in along with two of my bodyguards who took up placement at the lobby and the kitchen while the designer seemed completely unfazed by the presence of two men with rifles as she measured my waist, bust, torso height, leg length, hip circumference, shoulder width, and arm length all while adjusting how I was standing and positioned to make sure that it was an accurate measurement. Before writing down each number and flipping the page.

"So what do you have imagined for the colour".

"Normal white, possibly satin at the top while the bottom should be layered. I'd like the dress to be tight but padded possibly with a halter neck and open back" I say remembering the bespoke options list from heart along with the questions.

"What about accents of the dress" the designer asks crossing her legs.

"Purple as a bottom lining, along with the sleeve cuffs in lace" I reply, "perhaps almost like a fade to colour going down the dress since the bridesmaids will be wearing purple".

"That can happen elegant and simple but still detailed enough to stand out anything else. Train length".

"Five feet, I want it as long roughly as I am tall to extend my height while at the alter" I reply and she writes that down.

"Okay, so what about fabric type, do you have a specific kind you would like?".

"Silk, the finest you can find preferably. I'll pay the price for it once the work is finished and it's all done how I would like" I say and the designer nods and begins to pack up her things.

"Okay, lovely. I will be in touch on it and we can sort out date of arrival and all of that at a later date" the designer says and leaves with both the bodyguards escorting her out.

Turning from the place in the living room where I sat I looked out of the window over Central Park that was dusted in snow and making an almost black and white contrast to everything.

New York looked pretty and serene and yet I didn't know what this city would be like when Nathan and I's child git old enough to form memories of this city. What would be there to take over. There wouldn't. In three generations the Winters Family had gone from three hundred million to whatever the collective networth was today. They wouldn't be seen as anything but money, and I feared they would have no concept of it.

The house we were moving too may help but not by much so I would certainly be wanting to talk to Nathan though with time different it was two in the morning for him and I would hate to have woken him up in the middle of the night for a question like talking about our not yet born baby's future. I also wanted to tell him about the pictures that were taken of me at my work but that would only make him come home earlier when he had things to do in Tokyo instead of worry about me.

Suddenly I got a call from Logan who the whole Winters and connected family remained in contact with since he could give all of us the best legal advice even if the Niles specialized in law.

"Logan, hello" I say putting the phone on speaker phone.

"Arilynn, I got the footage, and it seems that your cameras and didn't catch a face to the person who set it down but we are looking through camera footage to try and trace his movements, though it's New York and people can unfortunately disappear in a crowd" Logan says with a sigh.

He had been working for years and because of all that he had done as commissioner of New York Adrian had long since helped him achieve his own fortune while remaining lowkey. It was also weird to know that the police commissioner and the former CEO of Winters Group International were cousins. 

"Well fuck, I guess I have to wait just like Nathan to know the identity of whoever this person is, but they're making one hell of an annoyance to life. Like the engagement was supposed to be top news for two weeks, then Nathan and I could go back to doing our lives without having every moment broadcast but now it seems like one thing after another. I just want to get married, raise a kid, and be left alone" I mutter and Logan laughs.

"You're not the first person in this family who wanted that and got it in the end, just it'll take time and by now you should know this family sticks together. My nephew would also probably kill someone for you".

I know he would, and that has multiple paths with whats going on.

"That has a little too much truth to it, the man carries most places even to his own business deals if needed. You even helped him put together the Ethiopia trip security where his car had two AR's in the back seat and multiple other guns around the vehicle".

"Do you remember him flying you to him, and being met by ten vehicles with guards in body armour" Logan says, "Nathan has you better protected then you may think, he told me about what he had planned, though I heard that you also got an envelope".

"It has three pictures in it says a bunch of things they know about me then a watch myself at the end of it. So it's at least two people" I say and Logan sighs again.

"Well we'll remain on the lookout, and tell Nathan to keep a low profile when he gets home, I've already seen the pictures of him at a luxurious nightclub in Tokyo" Logan says.

"Since when has he gone to a nightclub?" I ask knowing that Nathan was never a party guy.

"He went to sign a business deal but it was done in a club called Karma's Cocktail. Nathan bought up them and has been getting deep into real estate from what the news states" Logan says, "anyways Arilynn, I got to get to work on this, don't worry about Nathan. Tell him what I know and try to not be as stressed".

"I will certainly try" I say before the call ended and I was left looking out the window once more, along with my thoughts.

Nathan had all the influence in the world and I pitied to a small degree the idiots who thought it would be smart to go against him, and try to ruin him. But at the same time every Winters had their martyr that set up the rest of their career and for Nathan everything had been smooth sailing until these past few months.

I had never seen him mad either, and still I understood him well enough to know that this would be the last straw with him before it became clear that Nathan was his fathers son to a T.

God is probably the only one who can save the people responsible from how this will end.

I then walked away from the window into the kitchen to start making food for myself to unwind from my day.

Alright officially the shortest chapter yet I'm sorry to y'all, either way I hope you enjoyed this chapter, comment, vote, and share. Anyways

Peace