Chapter Sixty Six

Later that night as all of my family opened gifts and exchanged hugs both my dad and I stood back letting the women be happy along with get to witness the looks of pleasure at picking something my sisters wanted from both Arilynn, my mom, and my siblings boyfriends.

The Christmas celebrations could even be heard in Monte Carlo Square, and I still preferred being above it all where no one would bother me and my family.

"They love Christmas" my dad says raising his glass to his lips as my sisters exchange hugs because of what they had gotten each other.

"Always have, I just prefer the family aspect, I never wanted anything or was I different as a child?" I ask looking over to my dad who shook his head.

"No you weren't, you would rather have gotten something for everyone else then be given one thing. Your mom and I only got you essentials and things you needed rather then something fancy because you never asked for anything, you always told us you wanted nothing".

"I still want nothing" I laugh and a smile breaks onto my lips.

"You're a good man Nathan, Arilynn looks so happy with you. Reminds me of when your mom and I were your age. Before we had a family this was what were were like. We had good food, and opened gifts with friends and family" my dad says taking another sip from his glass.

"I'm glad this is the cycle that repeated" he says.

"This family raised family men and dangerous people dad. Look at you and me, I supply nations with weapons that could destroy some of the largest cities in a day, and you intimidated the world for a quarter century, because no one was willing to oppose you or the company you and mom built".

"Yes, and when people thought they were going to be able to they lost everything. Don't fuck with my family, or the people I care about, and don't exploit the less fortunate. Three simple rules to my business practices".

"Mine are the same, I followed after you old man" I tease and my dad pokes me in the side.

"Smartass" my dad smirks and I just follow suit. "You know this is it, this was what I always wanted was to see my children happy, my wife smiling with them, and all three of my little ones with people who love them".

"Don't worry dad, I still have to keep Augustus in line, I just don't know how I'll take Izzy being officially named Isabella Aurelia Giovanni" I muse half joking, as I stared at my sister and August.

"You two have always been close, besides you know she's in good hands with August".

"Yeah, I'm still threatening him before he proposes" I mutter dryly and my dad scoffs.

"I told Nico don't hurt my sister and he never has, Nico told Hunter he'd be buried and I'd help if he messed up and Ava and Riley have always had a good relationship the two have been together since the beginning of Junior years, which is so fucking long ago".

This time it was me who laughed, because of the reminiscence of my dad about his life.

"I forget what I said to Julian likely just to be kind to Abigail" I say and my dad chuckles.

"They all grew up with you, they all know that be kind means if you hurt my family I will hurt you" my dad points out and I just nod.

"I don't know. I but them all but I wouldn't have let them near my sisters if I didn't trust them".

"I'm just glad none of your lives were what mine was".

"I'm glad you ended the generational trauma of this family, dad" I say looking over at him and I see a tear prick his eyes before he blinks it away.

"I'm glad it's over too Nathan" he says and I smile lightly knowing that he still lived with all of his but worked to be better for his own family.

I guess Arilynn and I's kid will get a life without all the family demons.

Our lives as a family were better then it had ever been which was good, we had reached a better place as a family. Now my father and I could sit here and be with the people the were most important to us and know that we didn't have any problems left to fix. Our positions were secured, and if needed they could further be solidified.

"Now let's enjoy a drink and look over the city as we always have" I say walking into the kitchen and making myself a rum and coke before I went outside past the hall and onto the balcony where my dad and I stood with our drinks.

"Deep thought, you ever realize that all the people we haven't ever liked have had less money then us even before we made hundreds of billions. Why do you think that is?".

"There's a certain net worth range where people are overly dickish" my dad mutters and I just laugh before taking a sip from my glass.

"I've only ever had problems with people who didn't work for their money, your mom and I agreed to put aside money until you took over or were of age to take over Winters Group. People who never work for anything in their lives will never have my respect because they were lazy and unwilling to admit working hard for the shit they want is the only way they will get it. I met people who were given money and they blew it as if it was there's to blow and they would have unlimited amounts. I didn't view money as mine until I rebuilt Winters Group with Olivia" my dad says.

"If found the natural self made douche range is ten to fifty million, once you've made over that whoever it was was focusing on a goal bigger then just wanting to have money".

"The dynasty builders, that's what I called them" my dad remarks taking a long sip from his glass.

"Yes them, I get way to much pleasure from watching them be happy and feel like the shit in their top of the line BMW until I roll through in my 765LT" I muse and I watch my dad laugh at this.

"I think my favourite 'go fuck yourself' moment was parking Skoteino next to Tristan Irvine's Aurora. He just looked shocked that his boat looked like a docking barge by comparison. No wonder he planned to ruin me in my Senior year at Thornbrook" my dad says.

"I don't doubt that even my yacht is small next to yours".

"My six hundred forty foot private cruise ship. That fucking boat is giant" my dad says and I just laugh because it really is and no one has made another yacht larger that was just for one person".

"Just make me one promise about your child or children" my dad says.

"Yes" I say looking over at him and this time it's me who takes the long sip from my glass.

"Make sure your kid or kids aren't materialistic, and if they are that they're more then we are".

"You own almost three hundred cars, I own ninety" I laugh and he hums.

"Then I guess your kid will have thirty for the whole world" my dad remarks.

"A quarter of a millennia and our family still doesn't seem at least mildly normal" I say, "also I can do that I'm sure, we already have generational trauma checked off".

"Now drink your rum with your father and take in Monaco, I don't get to see you often" my dad says and I faintly smile but follow his directions none the less.

A little longer then yesterday so that's good, comment, vote, and share. Anyways

Peace✌️