Chapter Sixty One

Arilynn Hamilton

Hours had passed during the night and by the end of it Nathan had ended up in conversation with Yana and Ediz across the room all while sipping champagne and making jokes with them. I had thought I'd be a decent socialite but it was clear Nathan had been born for this lifestyle, because he could remain humble even in places like this where he was the center of the show.

Crossing the floor I slowly walked up beside him, and got a glimmer of what the conversation was between the three people that were present in the conversation.

"I will sign that cheque the first chance I get" Nathan says and I was likely hearing the end of it as both Ediz and Nathan shook hands before Nathan looked down to me.

"Mi amor, are you enjoying the night?" he asks and I nod.

"Just a little tired I messaged Gwen and she said she's here with the car" I say and Nathan nods before leaning down and kissing my forehead.

"Be safe, I won't be much longer, I just have to say goodbye to everyone here, and close off the night" Nathan remarks looking around the room still filled with approximately three hundred people.

"Okay, be safe on you drive home" I say gently flicking the top of his glass which let off a ting noise as I walked away towards the entrance and left the warm building out into the snow free stone steps down to where a black LS500 was and Gwen stood leaning on the hood and looking around. It was part of the contract to seem casual like a valet in situations like this and not a bodyguard who would shoot someone if deemed dangerous enough.

"Good evening Gwen" I say as she opens the back seat and I slip into the back seats and let out a sigh as she rounded the vehicle and got back in.

"Where too, Miss Hamilton"

"Steinway Tower, we're leaving in the morning anyways for Marbella though, Nathan may tell Lily to take us to Monaco" I say looking out the window at all of the buildings in New York. This place was my freedom, it had been the city that took me from eighteen years of a life I was running from and gave me a new one. I had made this place into a home for me by the generosity of Nathan simply opening his home to me, and making me a piece of his life. I never expected anything from him, and he seemingly didn't expect anything from himself either, but none the less he was better then anything I ever could have imagined.

When the car reached the building where the penthouse was I watched Gwen pull into the garage shrouding me in artificial light.

As I got out of the car I exhaled wishing nothing more then to be rid of the dress I was wearing and put on something comfy rather then tight and form fitting. I loved the dress but after three hours in it I wanted nothing but to pull on a hoodie from Nathan's closet and a pair of my leggings before watching an episode of Two Broke Girls.

Stepping into the elevator I then took off my heels and leaned against the back of the wall as Gwen walked inside and gave me a gentle smile.

"Turn, I'll unzip you" she says and I turn before she does so and steps back to stand by the button panel.

"Thank you Gwen" I say feeling the ability to breathe a little better come to me as we rose up the central spine of the building until the elevator dinged and we walked out into a dark penthouse that even the moonlight wasn't sufficiently lighting up.

"I'll go back down when you come back from your room" Gwen says, "I just have to do the rounds" she adds and I walk upstairs to the room Nathan and I had spent most of our relationship sleeping in every night for nearly seven years.

Walking into my closet I took off the dress an hung it back in the closet though I'd make a note of having it cleaned when Nathan and I left tomorrow morning. I then went about removing all of the pins in my hair and looking in the mirror at my body where the small bump was just clear enough to show that it wasn't stomach fat though I was anticipating it in the coming months.